Road Glide banner

Needing help with TTS V-Tune

9K views 20 replies 9 participants last post by  jeff 
#1 · (Edited)
Does anyone have an easy procedure of doing this?

Some ez steps or chart I could follow.

The program TTS offers, has got me on my 2nd 6 pack!:D

#2 ·
Interested in this also. Haven't bought any tuner so far, save for the dealer download but I'll want something better eventually.

I've read MT's instructions and they do seem daunting. You'll probably get suggestions to call them but it'd be great to hear about the procedure from users who've done it.

Maybe the 2nd 6-pack is causing the problem? :p

Nah ..... lol.

#3 ·
You can only call Steve so many times!
And if your not on his knowledge level, SOL

Now on you-tube there is a video of loading a program that is excellent.

Hope to find one on doing the V-Tune.

#4 · (Edited)
Steve is a personal friend of mine. I've never heard him talk down to anyone. He wants people to buy his tuners and to be happy with his service. If you had a negative experience I can only guess that he was having a bad day.... we all have bad days. If you don't understand him, ask him to explain. He always explains things to me in a simple format 'cause I'm a dummy with technical stuff.

EDIT: I just reread my reply and it reads wrong. When I said that I've never heard Steve talk down to anyone I meant that I've never heard him talk above someones knowledge base. I know you weren't implying that he was condescending.

#5 ·
I spoke with him and Vicky several times....

I`m no further now than when I bought the TTS.

He`s helpful! as long as your on his level...which I am not.

It just need some simpler instructions, and from what I been reading, I`m not the only one.

#7 ·
I spoke with Steve today at the request of the OP. Steve has already spoken with him and is happy to continue to help. The OP needs to download the manual and read it. He should highlight anything that is confusing. Then he needs to be in front of his computer and call Steve. Steve will explain everything and walk him through the process step-by-step. I don't think anyone can ask for more.

#9 ·
the instructions in the manual are good, but they don't give you a detailed enough step by step explanation of the vTune procedure.
Doc's vTune guide told you exactly what to do step by step... but things are a little different with the Lambda bikes. it's actually much easier!

if you go through it once, you pretty much will have a grasp on what to do.:cool:

#11 ·
I agree....
The instructions in the TTS manual are long and drawn out!
Anyone that has done one or attempted to, knows.
They need to do a better way, you tube vid would be great.
I would only think that if this unit was more user friendly there would be more sold! Simpler instructions would be a huge help.
Where can I find a copy of Docs instructions?
Much thanks.

#15 ·
I know what you're saying but if you don't turn it off you run the chance of getting bogus information if the knock control kicks in. Be darn sure to turn it back on when finished.

#17 ·
15 mintutes to maybe do a map down load.....
Its a little longer doing a V Tune!

I`ve got it figured out..it was ruff..there should be some better/easer instruction!
Better performance with every V -Tune blend!

#18 ·
did you find Doc's instructions? I have the new mt8 cal loaded but can not make heads or tails of the vtune. The MT8 cal for my set up does not perform as good as my stage 1 download at this point so definetly need a vtune. I just get more confused the more I read the instructions lol.

#19 ·
PM me your phone number.....
I`ll be on here typing for the next two days trying to explain.
I can help walk ya through it.

#21 ·
finally got it vtuned and all can say it was well worth the effort but it did take effort. took about 10 vtune sessions to get it really dialed in. It even sounds different like it is extremely happy. once the ve's were done then it was on to the timing which too is time consuming but again worth the effort. Bike runs extremely strong and throttle response is very crisp and that area from 2000-4500 in any gear is very satisfying. Did a 200 mile loop today 70-80mph and windy and returned over 45mpg.

I will say to the poster who said it took 15 minutes that now that you got your base cal loaded go out and vtune it as on my bike there was night and day between the base cal and the final cal loaded.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.