Road Glide banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wanting to be able to listen to my radio without all the distortion from playing it loud.I have the stock speakers in it right now.I would like to hear what speakers would be good to go into the dash

·
Registered
112 Posts
same same

I too, am riding with oem crap.... I am just blue collar here trying to get by and dont have a fortune to spend on audio... The fact is that I have a new bike and love the ride, but with it comes payments, insurance, maintanence. plus all the other bills that comes with living and raising a family.I am a musician and kinda know what music is supposed to sound like, and the audio sucks.... looking to spend my money (what little is left) on safety(lowering)... provention(best oils and lubs and anti corrosion)with little left for audio... lately I have been riding with no music... I would rather here the wind and my pipes then all that distortion. just trying to get the best bang(or boom) for my buck...

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
I know they're a bit pricey,but I am very pleased with the JM Rokker XT kit in my fairing.When I first installed them,I just stood there for a bit listening to songs and hearing things in them I had never heard before,crisp and clear....

at this time,I see no need for an amp.they ran about 260 from DCP.

·
Registered
593 Posts
I installed the Hog Tunes speakers and for the price, the preformance is great. I'm not the loudest or flashiest, but I can here my Pink Floyd even in the low spots . . . just saying check them out.

·
Registered
100 Posts
So what makes the biggest difference...a cheap amp and cheap speakers or just a set of good speakers?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
8,225 Posts
J&M Rokkers are good speakers and a sponser of the forum. Dragos wells Hawg wired products which are also really good.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I replaced my stockers with Hawg Wired 60 watts and no amp. They are a big improvement and sound great-just make sure you get the right ohm speakers for your ride.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I put in the Boom audio replacement speakers only, no amp, sound good.. but want an amp to pump it up a bit.. Definitely MUCH better then stock alone and very clear up to half volume.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I'm running a Sony head unit, Rockford pbr300x2 amp, Focal 6.5" speakers, I'm adding a set of Rockford slim 6.5"s to the inside of my lower fairing today for a little more sound. I do love he Focals though.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
7,273 Posts
Based on what I've read on this Great Forum, I called Frank, @ Drago's Bike Works, in December, when he had a great sale going on, and purchased the Hawg Wired 6 Pack.
It's been on back order, so I am patiently awaiting it's arrival.
I also bought the HW Tweeter Speaker Grilles and the HW Amp Remote, to adjust the AMP without removing the outer fairing.
The tweeters arrived today.
I'm hoping the rest arrives soon.
I'll post pics and a report as soon as it's installed.
Best of Luck to All an their audio decisions.
Mike U.

·
Super Moderator
12,433 Posts
Based on what I've read on this Great Forum, I called Frank, @ Drago's Bike Works, in December, when he had a great sale going on, and purchased the Hawg Wired 6 Pack.
It's been on back order, so I am patiently awaiting it's arrival.
I also bought the HW Tweeter Speaker Grilles and the HW Amp Remote, to adjust the AMP without removing the outer fairing.
The tweeters arrived today.
I'm hoping the rest arrives soon.
I'll post pics and a report as soon as it's installed.
Best of Luck to All an their audio decisions.
Mike U.
Please share how the HW tweeter grills work, I have a set of Focal components that I'm using with JM tweeters, and I need more, the focal tweeters put out much better sound, but I haven't found a place where I'm happy to mount them. :confused:

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
233 Posts
I know it's controversial but I upgraded to Boom Audio when I had my 09 RG. I thought for the dollars it the speakers were a good improvement over OEM.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts