Road Glide banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Gettin tired of replacing parts over and over, now one of my front brake rotors is warped again (.006) out. (I replaced the rotors about 1.5 years ago). And now HD does not stock the raw agitator rotor that I have any more meaning if I want them to match I get to buy 2 new ones. I also just replaced my regulator again about 1 week ago...Nice. And no the pads are not dragging.

·
Registered
6,537 Posts
Are you using floating rotors?? I put floating rotors on my 08 4 or 5 years ago and haven't had a problem since. I used HD floating rotors but there are aftermarket options too.
As a side note I am not one that uses the front brake much, I look ahead and start to slow down early if I can and I downshift and use the rear brake in my controlled stops. I only use the front brake when I need the extra stopping power.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
I hear ya. I'm on my third set of rotors (floating) last December I had to replace the front set on my 09 CVO; the left one was warped but got both replaced using ESP.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Don't take this the wrong way I'm not trying to be an asshole by correcting here but I think some folks are confusing floating rotors with semi-floating rotors. Semi-floats have friction rings bolted to the center mount. Full float are loose riveted to the center mount. Harley doesn't know what a floating rotor is. if it's a floating rotor you will be able to grab the outer ring and move it around. It will rattle. That's a full float. Too many companies hard rivet a rotor and call it floating. I think it's like calling something "made in America" if at least 51% of e components are assembled here. Just a lie really. If you want full floating rotors you'll probably have to look somewhere like galfer or brembo.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Went with Lyndall floating on my 2013 and have been very happy. Looks great and stops real well. Very little dust also

1 - 7 of 7 Posts