Road Glide banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Getting rid of the stocker taillight and got the Ness Radius setup. Having some issues with wiring. Anyone install this on their ride yet? I have a 2010.

Stock wires are as follow:

V/BN+ \ Right Turn,Brake
BK- /
BE Running

V+ \ Left Turn,Brake
BK- /
BE Running

BK \
BK / Plate/Running

Ness kit:

R Brake signal
V Left turn
BN Right turn
BK Ground
BE Main taillight "run" power (powers all functions of taillight operation)

Now with that, the stock wiring of V/BN and BK control the brake and turn signals on the right. If I connect the wires according to instructions, how is the module going to distinguish brake from turn sig?

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Well I figured it out. There was a post awhile back, http://www.roadglide.org/showthread.php?t=7140 ,asking a similar question with some leads...I found the entire service manual and grabbed it. Here's the correct wire diagram for a 2010 with details of what color is for what function.

I have a video of what the light looks like, but my fcking phone recorded it sideways....But what I did was follow the harness from the Tri bar light, up the left side saddlebag bracket to the fuse box. There is a connector there that you will find those wires listed. Without cutting them, I just removed about 4in of tape and striped the wires and spliced into corresponding color wire. And viola....Custom light works. I did tho, have to modify the fender some. The mounting holes do not line up properly. Maybe a 1/4" off. As well as the hole for the wire and support piece.

Also the O/W wire is for ACCESSORY.

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts