Road Glide banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So tonight I noticed my neutral indicator light come on and off a couple times while riding around town. Shut the bike down for a bit then when took off again but neutral stayed and I could shift no problem. Then I checked cruise control and it was not working and the gear indicator position didn’t show either. Checked the neutral safety switch connectors and made sure they were clean but this didn’t help. I have read on some other forums it might be the neutral safety switch or the control switches on left side of handle bars. I have extended warranty so will take in hopefully they will fix this. Bike seems to run fine but checking to see if anyone else has had this problem and fix for same. 2016 RG Ultra. 22000 miles. Thanks

Update: Fixed!!! Neutral start switch for $24.00 and 5 minutes to swap out.

·
Registered
240 Posts
So tonight I noticed my neutral indicator light come on and off a couple times while riding around town. Shut the bike down for a bit then when took off again but neutral stayed and I could shift no problem. Then I checked cruise control and it was not working and the gear indicator position didn’t show either. Checked the neutral safety switch connectors and made sure they were clean but this didn’t help. I have read on some other forums it might be the neutral safety switch or the control switches on left side of handle bars. I have extended warranty so will take in hopefully they will fix this. Bike seems to run fine but checking to see if anyone else has had this problem and fix for same. 2016 RG Ultra. 22000 miles. Thanks

Update: Fixed!!! Neutral start switch for $24.00 and 5 minutes to swap out.
If you have this go out be aware your bike will not start in gear, I had mine choke out at a red light and it would not start until it was back in neutral, kind of a pain when in traffic.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Roadglide 16: Small switch on right hand side of case. Just above and slightly to the right of your tranny oil filler hole. About 3/4" diameter with two wires that go to it.

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
'16 RGU & 27k miles and haven't had that happen, but good info to remember.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
If you have this go out be aware your bike will not start in gear, I had mine choke out at a red light and it would not start until it was back in neutral, kind of a pain when in traffic.
Had this problem too. But was a bad switch in the clutch lever pack. $200 fix. Thankfully was covered under warranty.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The dealership i use original thought it may be the clutch lever pack as well. Turned out though to be much simpler. I swapped it out myself as the part was less than the deductible for my extended warranty.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts