Road Glide banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Life Member
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My best bud bought a new tri glide about a year ago and has been buggin me to take it for a long ride...Well this morning the wife and I set out on it for Natchez Ms for lunch..It took a few miles to get adjusted to things like it aint no Road Glide and it is a trike but all of that behind me it rides great but the bone stock 96 in has no guts what so ever...I am accustom to 100 hp when I want it...after about 80 miles on the Natchez trace I jokingly ask the wife if she wanted to drive, she laughed and said no thanks..Well about 10 minutes later she ask if it was hard to drive and I told her no, having been married to her 27 years I knew she was thinking hard about so I pulled in at the next visitors stop and showed her all the things she needed to do and let her loose in the big parking area with no other vehicles..Long story short I spent the next 80 miles riding behind her and she is still grinning from ear to ear..No I will not be springing for a new trike anytime soon but just seeing her have such a good time and getting her mind off of nursing school for a short time was priceless..W did get some funny looks from others on bikes with me sitting on the back but oh well...

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,796 Posts
The smile on her face, wind in the hair and her forgetting about everything else even for a little while is well worth it. Best stress relief she has had in ages I'll bet.

·
Super Moderator
12,433 Posts
Good story, thanks for sharing. A happy wife is priceless and = peace..:D

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Looks like the Lady needs a teeshirt that says if you can read this fill in the blanks ha ha :DThats a great story nothing like the open road with your lady but Iam not going to take a chance on renting a trike boss might make me ride B--ch.Tell your wife good luck with Nursing school my sister did it with 4 kids at home the youngest was 1 she is the head of labor delivery and niku prod of her it is a tough degree to get so you have good reason to be proud of her

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Great share! Tell her I said hang in there with school my oldest is almost done with nursing school. Word to wise try to get her foot in door with a hospital before she graduates, some are helping cover school cost, but they will hire faster, new nurses are a hard hire these days. All the best. And barrow the triglide for her from time to time.

·
Registered
3,791 Posts
That's great that she enjoyed it.
I've ridden them a couple of times and didn't like them at all. Beyond the lack of power, the handling wasn't to my liking... at all. When I can no longer do 2 wheels, I'll go to 4 (as in a 2-seat ragtop).

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Great story! I'd hope somewhere along that ride she began thinking "Hhmmm...I like riding up front!. 1) finish school - 2) get good paying job - 3) buy myself a trike!"

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Great story. You were at Windsor. Please tell me you had lunch at The Old Country Store in Lorhman!! Love his chicken! He told me once it the Colonel had is recipe, he'd been a General.:D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts