Road Glide banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My buddy bought a new street glide special and when they delivered it after storing it all winter the battery wasn't charged fully and bike wouldn't start. Looked to put on tender, and noticed the cable installed had 3 pins instead of the normal 2 pins. Tried to find info, dealer had no idea, had to look at bike on the floor because they had no clue, turns out it is the new "global" connector. Standard two pin still works, so no problem. Just funny how it was like no one had ever seen this before and it didn't mention anything in the manual, etc.

·
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
3,813 Posts
It's sad that your dealership delivered your bike with un-charged battery. One would think the personal know about all the new stuff.

·
Registered
7,245 Posts
It's sad that your dealership delivered your bike with un-charged battery. One would think the personal know about all the new stuff.
+1 on that

·
Registered
354 Posts
Back in '10 when I purchased my RG it had the 3 pin cable attached. I was confused at first because I thought I was going to have to buy a different tender or another cable, then I found out that the 2 pin plugs into the 3 pin and works fine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts