Road Glide banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Its cold outside...
I really can't stay (Baby it's cold outside)
It's gotta go away (Baby it's cold outside)

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Rode a but yesterday to grab some pupusas in Manasses and feels like majority of the wind is being blocked. I like it so far. A bit blurry but ok

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Great quality shield , I originally bought a 13 inch and it was in my line of sight exchanged it for a 12 inch and it's perfect for me at 6 feet tall with a 32 inseam.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
I'm 6' , 32" inseam. I run a 13" Freedom and a Corbin dual tour seat. I'm looking way over the shield, but don't get any wind. I had a 14" LRS on my 09, but John recommended a 13" for my Rushmore. Call him, he'll set you up.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I just received my Freedom Shield and went for a ride. Liked the better protection so I decided to take off the protection plastic. WOW, it was like looking through a magnifying glass. The distortion from looking above and then through is quite substantial. Is this typical?

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
I'm looking over my 13" Freedom 95% of the time, but I don't notice distortion when I'm occasionally looking through it.

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
I'm looking over my 13" Freedom 95% of the time, but I don't notice distortion when I'm occasionally looking through it.
I've had multiple shields from John, and IMHO they have the least amount of visual distortion of any shield I've seen on my rides or anyone else's. Might just be a lemon.

·
Registered
397 Posts

I’m 6’3” 36” inseam in jeans; based on John’s recommendations I went with a 15”; I have a LePera Maverick DLL seat. I look over the Windscreen.

I have very little distortion from my windscreen; if I look through it. There is protective plastic On both sides; if you are looking right at the Apex, then you may have a distorted view.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I can see over the windshield just fine. It is when I look down through the shield is gets all distorted. I just had my wife take a look and she said the same thing, wow that is different. My Harley shield does not have this weird magnified look. I understand around the bevels there is usually some, but this is looking straight through the front of the shield.

I did remove both side of the film so this is not causing it.

I will have to give them a call tomorrow. I wanted to check with you guys to see if this is just the way these are supposed to be as this is my first one with them.

Thanks for the input.

·
Life Member With a Grey Beard
2,148 Posts
I guess it depends on what "looking over the windshield" means for any given rider. 15" sounds kinda tall to me. I'm 6-2, and have a WindVest 12". Not sure if the height is same with Freedom, but that height is perfect for me. I don't notice "road wind turbulence" with that height, and I prefer to see as much of the road as possible (look over the windshield, but see it all). Once you talk about distortion issues (or lack thereof; whatever), it's no longer about looking OVER the windshield. So, for me at least, I prefer the shortest windshield as I can get that still protects me from the elements; the top curve in most aftermarket windshields seems to really make a huge difference, whether it's Freedom, WindVest, or whatever. Anything is better than stock.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I’m 5’11” and got the 14”. I’m on a Mustang seat. I see over the shield, not in my line of site at all. Or, if it is, I don’t notice it ??*♂

1 - 17 of 17 Posts