Road Glide banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My buddy bought a new 2014 Street glide special. Put the SE air filter in, Rinehart slip-ons, and a PCV. He has disabled the EITMS, and the bike at idle runs horrible. It has also killed a few times. I haven't checked what map the dealer put in it yet, but will do that. PC does have a map for his setup. Any ideas? Thanks and sorry, I know it's not a RG (too bad for him)!

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Never understood why anyone would shut off EITMS not that it has anything to do with the sounds of your problem. Connect your laptop to it and see what map is downloaded into it. You can also go to their website and choose from hundreds of maps to try out .

·
Registered
214 Posts
The 2014 have a HO engines aka se255 cams in them, i would look for a map for a 103 with cam AC and slipon to start with if was mine. Look at map 15-011-138 probably close enough. + 1 for O2 sensors. Also you can send an email to PC they Will help you to chose a map.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
654 Posts
The 2014 have a HO engines aka se255 cams in them, i would look for a map for a 103 with cam AC and slipon to start with if was mine. Look at map 15-011-138 probably close enough. + 1 for O2 sensors. Also you can send an email to PC they Will help you to chose a map.

I am sorry to drift a little on this thread, but are you saying the 2014s come from the factory with a Screaming Eagle 255 cam?

·
Registered
214 Posts
From what have read the have similar cam spec, an easy map to try would the one with a se255. said close your best is to hit a dyno to get the best tune.

·
EFI tuning and Exhaust Expert
815 Posts
My buddy bought a new 2014 Street glide special. Put the SE air filter in, Rinehart slip-ons, and a PCV. He has disabled the EITMS, and the bike at idle runs horrible. It has also killed a few times. I haven't checked what map the dealer put in it yet, but will do that. PC does have a map for his setup. Any ideas? Thanks and sorry, I know it's not a RG (too bad for him)!
If his 14 bike is having an idle issue there is an updated O2 eliminator that can be supplied by Dynojet for bikes that are affected. I would first make sure it is not a mapping issue, be sure you are using the correct map for the appropriate air cooled or twin cooled motor.

From what have read the have similar cam spec, an easy map to try would the one with a se255. said close your best is to hit a dyno to get the best tune.

[/color]
The 2014 maps were developed with specific combinations on 2014 bikes which includes the new H.O cams. Do not use a map for the SE255 cams unless the motor has them, and absolutely do not use 2013-earlier map as the ECM and everything map wise is completely different.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok, so one response was to remove the O2 sensors? Is that correct? I don't have them in my 13 with the PC, runs good. Anyone else believe they should be removed? I've been told by some it doesn't matter?

·
Registered
214 Posts
If his 14 bike is having an idle issue there is an updated O2 eliminator that can be supplied by Dynojet for bikes that are affected. I would first make sure it is not a mapping issue, be sure you are using the correct map for the appropriate air cooled or twin cooled motor.

The 2014 maps were developed with specific combinations on 2014 bikes which includes the new H.O cams. Do not use a map for the SE255 cams unless the motor has them, and absolutely do not use 2013-earlier map as the ECM and everything map wise is completely different.
Good to know thank you, i was sure the map would be in the ball park to try to figure out what going on, i was totaly wrong.

·
Registered
116 Posts
On my '13, after installing PCV with correct map, I unplugged O2 sensors but left them mounted in header pipe. Had bike dyno'd and it runs mint. Call Jamie @ Fuel Moto if you have any questions with mapping. Those guys are very helpful.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok, figured out the issue. So the O2 sensors were still in the pipes, but they had disconnected the plugs under the side panel and put the caps in. So we took and plugged them back in to try it and the bike runs like a top. Power commander even said to remove them, and everyone i talked too said to remove them, but I guess the 14's are different! The O2 sensors helped make it run better with the PCV. So all good! Thanks.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts