Road Glide banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
I found some black fishtail slip-ons online and considered getting them. They are straight and cheap. The length is 36 inches.I measured the bike, twice, and found the stock slip-ons to be 42 inches. The fishtail seller lists the 2019 RGS as a fitment, so I am at a loss here. Any thoughts?

PS: I also got some cobras NH in the mail, the fishtails would be more for special occasions...
The NH's just barely come to the back of the saddlebags and rear facia. I kind of want them to actually be longer. So 36" on fishtails isn't going to be out past the bike where they should be.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Just got my 2020 Road Glide Special.Black. A beauty! Immediate concerns are the exhaust ( waaay too quiet!), handle bars ( waaaaay too low!) and figuring out the best approach to lowering the bike ( waaaaaay too tall in the rear).

For the exhaust, I am thinking about a black fishtail I found online. Thoughts? Can anyone confirm the size of the slip-ons we need ( not considering if they are fishtails or not)
For the handlebars, the guys at Space Coast Harley said for 2020 models, HD shortened the lines and cables, making it so they need to be changed if changing the cars to, say, a 14 inch bar. What do you guys think of that? The dealer will say whatever they have to say to get the job. They wanted 3600 (hahahahaha) for slip ons and a handler bar. Ican buy them online , from
Hi Mike,
I've got the exact same bike. Had a '15 RGS and put V&H Dresser Duals and Monster Ovals on it, w/ their Fuel Pak. Worked flawlessly. Also put on HD Tall Boy bars - no change of cables necessary. Not too wide like most others out there. On the '20 I put V&H Power Duals w/ Oversized Titan slip-ons. Again - work flawlessly. Sounds like a Harley should but not too loud. Excellent performance. Had some issues w/ them getting the map for the FuelPak figured out for this bike (this was when they had just released their first map, which wasn't mapped correctly!). There was a dead spot between 2700-3100 rpm but after about a week they got it right. Again, put on HD Tall Boy bars - no new cables, just cut a couple of zip ties under the speedo/tach and it creates a bit more length. The cables are long enough as is. Not sure what the measurements in terms of height are, I think around 12" or so. For 14" you probably would need new cables. A bit pricey but the performance is excellent, and based on my '15 I don't anticipate any issues. Had V&H on an '03 Deuce as well so have a good history w/ them. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Hi Mike,
I've got the exact same bike. Had a '15 RGS and put V&H Dresser Duals and Monster Ovals on it, w/ their Fuel Pak. Worked flawlessly. Also put on HD Tall Boy bars - no change of cables necessary. Not too wide like most others out there. On the '20 I put V&H Power Duals w/ Oversized Titan slip-ons. Again - work flawlessly. Sounds like a Harley should but not too loud. Excellent performance. Had some issues w/ them getting the map for the FuelPak figured out for this bike (this was when they had just released their first map, which wasn't mapped correctly!). There was a dead spot between 2700-3100 rpm but after about a week they got it right. Again, put on HD Tall Boy bars - no new cables, just cut a couple of zip ties under the speedo/tach and it creates a bit more length. The cables are long enough as is. Not sure what the measurements in terms of height are, I think around 12" or so. For 14" you probably would need new cables. A bit pricey but the performance is excellent, and based on my '15 I don't anticipate any issues. Had V&H on an '03 Deuce as well so have a good history w/ them. Hope this helps.
Does help. Thanks!

·
Registered
512 Posts
Congratulations! I was skeptical, but after 5000 miles I am loving the new M8!

·
Registered
3 Posts
When I ordered my Factory 47 14” bars, I was told they would fit with the existing cables. However, one the techs started the work, the cables would not fit and extensions were added. However, since the service manager committed that extensions wouldn’t be needed, I was given that work for free. 👍

·
Registered
54 Posts
When I ordered my Factory 47 14” bars, I was told they would fit with the existing cables. However, one the techs started the work, the cables would not fit and extensions were added. However, since the service manager committed that extensions wouldn’t be needed, I was given that work for free.
Are you saying the electrical cables didn’t reach? I wonder if the spread on the bars was further and that added to the length a bit? Or maybe he didn’t want to pull the cable keeper from the nacelle like I see the installers do. They get a few more inches from that. Either way, wiring extensions are actually pretty cheap. And I got the kind that just plug into the other cables versus soldering.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'll chime in. I bought my '18 R G. Special in Wicked Red, and put 10" bars on it, had 14" on my last E.G. Classic. I waited to put the Stage 3 on till they had the complete S & S exhaust available, header and 4" slip ons. They had 4.5" ones available then in early 2018, but the 4" sounded better and were cheaper so I waited. I listened to both sizes at the dealership, on the same baggers, and the 4" kicked ass sound wise. I just recently bought a Recluse clutch and rear Dirtyair by Dirtyworks LLC and can't wait to put them on, if I ever get my bike back from Harley. On a side note, I checked into Dirtyair for the past 3yrs and waited till this bike before pulling the trigger on it! If you decide to go air ride, with whoever, check into it because if you may want to do front with them too, you have to do it at the same time because you can't add it later, tank size etc. But their tanks, compressor, etc. Look and hide away nice!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just got my 2020 Road Glide Special.Black. A beauty! Immediate concerns are the exhaust ( waaay too quiet!), handle bars ( waaaaay too low!) and figuring out the best approach to lowering the bike ( waaaaaay too tall in the rear).

For the exhaust, I am thinking about a black fishtail I found online. Thoughts? Can anyone confirm the size of the slip-ons we need ( not considering if they are fishtails or not)
For the handlebars, the guys at Space Coast Harley said for 2020 models, HD shortened the lines and cables, making it so they need to be changed if changing the cars to, say, a 14 inch bar. What do you guys think of that? The dealer will say whatever they have to say to get the job. They wanted 3600 (hahahahaha) for slip ons and a handler bar. Ican buy them online , from
I just Installed 14" KST renegade bars. Cables worked fine. Didnt have to xhange anything.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Those bars will look killer on your new sled!!!Congrats!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Congrats and welcome from Queens, NY.
Nice color. I’m a huge fan of my 16” factory 47 bars. Install wasn’t too bad. I changed all my cable and lines. Went with lines and cables from magnum shielding. Check your hydraulic fittings on the clutch and brake. Magnum offers straights,45 and 90 degree fittings. Bars were the best upgrade I made. As far as exhaust I went with a D&D FatCat 2 into 1 with a Vance and Hines FP3. Topped off with a freedom shields windshield. I tend to lean towards things made in the USA. Good luck and most importantly just ride it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 - 30 of 30 Posts