Road Glide banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just ordered a new set of progressive 940's for a killer deal. 459.99 shipped. brand new from a dealer. Best price I have seen on these.

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
go to ebay and search progressive 940 and one retailer has several listed for 499.99 buy it now or make offer. I offered 450 shipped and they came back with 459.99 shipped. I actually did not go thru ebay but went to thier website and emailed them with the offer thru the website.

·
Registered
33 Posts
That is a great price bought mine for $485.00(free Shipping) from American Classic throught e-bay. You will be happy with the shocks. Can you give us that web site of the dealer that you bought the shocks.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Notice you have a Goldwing. Since you own the RG do you get time on the wing and how do you like the wing????
TKS!
MARCO V
I haven't ridden the wing much since i got the CVO RG last Xmas. My daughter likes the wing better for the larger passenger seat, kury arm rests, jm audio controller, etc....also no heat issues for her.

Both have 1800 engines with plenty of power and torque. Wing has less maintenance, except valves, but they are only @ 32 k and most dont need adj till 64-100k. Love my RG!

Bought it when HD service pissed me off, had several wings in the late 70's and early 80's but this is not like any of those. Still have a cb to install on the wing, but, dont seem to get to it. No heat felt on the wing except a small amount when the fans kick on and the air comes out the fairing vents.
Went with a Handy lift table and figured I paid for it with a few services. Still deciding on which head pipe to get rid of the cat to cool off the RG.

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Even better news on my new 940's, all 940's purchased in November gets a free set of fork springs with proof of purchase, your choice of stock length or lowered. check it out on progressivesuspension.com

·
Registered
614 Posts
Nice offer from Progressive but its just the replacement spring in either stock or lower, not the drop in lowering kit. So to use the lower spring you would need the shorter dampers or damper springs.

The replacement Progressive Spring is better than the stock but IMO not that much that its worth taking it apart to swap out unless you are lowering it or changing to a cartridge setup.

Great price on the 940. My friend put them in , better than the stock shocks , spring is a little stiff for a light rider 1 up. IMO not much better than the stock shocks with an oil change and not as good as Ohlins ( starting price for the 2- are about $ 570) or Terrycable shocks (from Dr V Twin about 550.00)

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nice offer from Progressive but its just the replacement spring in either stock or lower, not the drop in lowering kit. So to use the lower spring you would need the shorter dampers or damper springs.

The replacement Progressive Spring is better than the stock but IMO not that much that its worth taking it apart to swap out unless you are lowering it or changing to a cartridge setup.

Great price on the 940. My friend put them in , better than the stock shocks , spring is a little stiff for a light rider 1 up. IMO not much better than the stock shocks with an oil change and not as good as Ohlins ( starting price for the 2- are about $ 570) or Terrycable shocks (from Dr V Twin about 550.00)
I agree Ohlins are very nice. I have had 3 sets since 1999. I have also had a set of progressive 440's. the one thing I do not like about Ohlins is that to ensure optimum performance they need to be rebuilt every 10-15000 miles and that ends up being expensive. The progressives also need to be rebuilt but you end up only paying shipping one way to have them rebuilt. I had my 440's done twice and they have a quick turn around. I know some will never have them rebuilt no matter how many miles because performance degrades slowly over time and most don't even realize how much shock performance they have lost. I really do not know anything about terrycable shocks they must be fairly new to the market or were previously sold under a different name perhaps.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Got mine from USmotoman a month or so back for the 459 price. They sent them quickly. Finally got them installed 3 weeks ago. Love them, but down for awhile with ACL surgery.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts