Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rumor mill has it that something new may be available shortly after New Year's. Anybody got the scoop???

A 4 channel amp with 250 per channel would be awesome, or better yet a 6 channel with 180 -200 per channel that fits in a Rushmore fairing would be great too. Maybe things will get really crazy and there will be an amp with some knobs on it.

It's hard to beat their super clean power and reliability and there's plenty of it, very interested to see what may be coming out.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
I would love to see Hawg Wired come out with something like that. I have a RS400 and CS 300, I like being able to use the remote tuning module to
change the gain and freq settings with out pulling the fairing.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
If 4 at 250 per speaker 500 Watts peak per
Speaker and can parallel it making 8 speakers with 4 ohm speakers or speakers become 2 ohm and that’s 125 Watts per speaker @250 peak, I’m ready ASAP to do an amp and speakers innfairing my choice is Biketronics amp and either Hertz Mille Legend MLK 1650.3 legend or MLK 165.3 Legend.

Also which would be better or better choice for my 2018 Road Glide Special between these two and the amp fore mentioned above and these two speaker setups Legend MLK 1650.3 legend or MLK 165.3 Legend and do I need crossovers or what and why?
???

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Like to see 180 x 8 or 200 x 8 version.
If they come out with a 4 x 250 that would give you 170 to each speaker with 2 sets of 4 speakers in parallel. There are folks that make monster amps for home use but they won't fit in a fairing and the the electrical system on the bike probably wouldn't do well with it.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Figure a way to put 2 180 x 4 into fairing.

For forsgate amps right and left road glide fairing mounts.

Been there done that. Those are for 13 and down bikes. They work well for a 2180 but the 4180 will rub the outer fairing.
I thought you had a Rushmore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Keep your eyes on the BT website in the next week or so fellas. Should be interesting.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Rumor mill has it that something new may be available shortly after New Year's. Anybody got the scoop???

A 4 channel amp with 250 per channel would be awesome, or better yet a 6 channel with 180 -200 per channel that fits in a Rushmore fairing would be great too. Maybe things will get really crazy and there will be an amp with some knobs on it.

It's hard to beat their super clean power and reliability and there's plenty of it, very interested to see what may be coming out.

No longer just a rumor. I was on the phone with Mike and Donna yesterday and Mike expressly told me he is about to release a 1,000 watt 250 x 4 that will knock all would be competitors off the block.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No longer just a rumor. I was on the phone with Mike and Donna yesterday and Mike expressly told me he is about to release a 1,000 watt 250 x 4 that will knock all would be competitors off the block.

And it has knobs

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
:surprise::surprise::surprise::surprise::surprise::surprise::surprise:

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Read on HD forum that the knobs are just for individual channel gain. Not 100% tho

Correct. It only has gain controls. The crossover is preset and can not be adjusted. I believe it is at the same or nearly same level as the preset on their other amps. They will sell a flat version with no filter, you just have to tell them when you order.

No doubt this thing will be a beast. For anyone running a DSP to control the SQ it should be absolutely amazing. At 250W x4 speakers it’s easily the most powerful amp out there at the price point. I talked to Mike and he thinks even paralleled it should push 180W each to 8 speakers. I may try it at some point just for giggles.

Mine is sitting on the counter, just arrived Saturday. I also have the new Focal FDP Sport so hope to do some comparisons soon. Most of the snow is gone but still cold up here and more snow expected this week. I’ll probably keep the BT in my bike and run the Focal in the 16 for the better half. Both bikes have ml1650.3 right now

·
Registered
215 Posts
Thanks Roadie, I just got the BT4180 installed this weekend and it's sounding awesome even without the tweeters hooked up and plus I don't have the boom-mat and faring together yet. Yay! Now to find the most optimal speaker for that amp. Maybe FOCAL?

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Whats the price point?

I bought as part of a bigger package so not sure exactly what they’re doing them for. Their amps come with line leveler and amp mount and all wiring so if you don’t need that price will drop.

·
Registered
456 Posts
What about paralleling 8 ohm speakers to make 4 ohm like the beyma's. If you could and if you can what would be tbe power to them paralleling 8 ohm to 4 ohm would you get 250 rms or same as 4 ohm into 2 ohm and have @170-180 rms?

·
Registered
279 Posts
Mine is sitting on the counter, just arrived Saturday. I also have the new Focal FDP Sport so hope to do some comparisons soon. Most of the snow is gone but still cold up here and more snow expected this week. I’ll probably keep the BT in my bike and run the Focal in the 16 for the better half. Both bikes have ml1650.3 right now

What mounting bracket did you use on the 16 RG to mount the Focal FDP Sport? Are you running a DSP? How does it sound with the Hertz 1650.3?

Thank

1 - 20 of 23 Posts