Road Glide banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the J&M Rokker setup with their 250w amp. Unfortunately, I have the J&M amp that has the defect where it detects low voltage on startup and doesn't start up. I then have to start the bike a few more times to get the radio to fire up. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

My question is, what amp (other than J&M) can I pair with the Rokkers to get quality sound? I'm thinking about replacing the whole setup (situation has just left a very bad taste in my mouth for J&M - long story) but want to explore amp options first without purchasing new speakers too.

·
Registered
8,755 Posts
I read a while back John would up date that amp to the newer type that the power influx didn't affect.

I just installed a Rockford Fosgate pbr 300x2. Got it for $130 on Amazon. The only problem is , now I need better speakers. :D

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I read a while back John would up date that amp to the newer type that the power influx didn't affect.

I just installed a Rockford Fosgate pbr 300x2. Got it for $130 on Amazon. The only problem is , now I need better speakers. :D
Big Gary, yes JMJOHN would fix it if I sent it back but the quality to me just isn't there. Plus if they shipped it like this then what am I getting next time ya know? Also, the fact that I have to take apart my fairing, ship it back and wait for him to fix a known bug in his stuff is unacceptable to me. Now, if he would of said let me ship you a new one and you ship back the DEFECTIVE unit....that would of been one thing.....but he refused to do so. This whole ordeal made me have a bad taste in the J&M stuff.

So the fosgate is chewing up your Rokkers?

·
Registered
8,755 Posts
Big Gary, yes JMJOHN would fix it if I sent it back but the quality to me just isn't there. Plus if they shipped it like this then what am I getting next time ya know? Also, the fact that I have to take apart my fairing, ship it back and wait for him to fix a known bug in his stuff is unacceptable to me. Now, if he would of said let me ship you a new one and you ship back the DEFECTIVE unit....that would of been one thing.....but he refused to do so. This whole ordeal made me have a bad taste in the J&M stuff.

So the fosgate is chewing up your Rokkers?
I hear ya.

No , I have 5x7 Hog tunes speakers. The pbr sounds much better than the Hog Tunes amp I had , but I know it really needs better speakers than what I have to really shine.

·
Registered
77 Posts

Where did you install the Rockford Fosgate pbr 300x2, fairing, tour pak, or saddlebags?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Sometimes folks have issues with a company that leaves a bad taste. It's happened to me more than once. As far as J & m is concerned, I have had nothing short of fantastic experiences. I recently bought a 250 watt amp and Rokker Xt speakers... USED. When I called J & M for info, they told me to sent it to them and they would go through it. Robert also told me that if I wanted to upgrade the XT speakers to XX's, he would do so for $100. They turned it around in 2 days and shipped it back with new a new harness and speaker mounting hardware kit. Beyond the speaker upgrade, the total charge was $000.00...zero...nadda. For my money, the folks at J & M are tough to beat.
ps. I'm not related to them. Just my .02.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Me too with the Fosgate PBR 300x2. $130 on amazon. I have hertz speakers and i have the amp turned down because I was worried about heat. The next time I take the fairing off I am going to turn the amp up because I figure the hertz can take it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts