Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Awesome apes - what kind are they? I like the bends and height...how much extension(s) did you have to do to brake line, wires, and clutch?

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
Here is a pic of my new apes I installed. Took quite a while, but was a great way to get to know my new ride.
View attachment 1505
Please more details and more pictures?
What apes you runnin? How tall? Etc.
thank you for sharing

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Indeed! More pics please! Nice looking bars!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
14 Inch Carlini Evil Apes. I extended the wires by about 6 inches (probably did not need that much, but better safe than sorry). And did a custom made brake line system I got through Yaffe, so I am not sure how much over stoch the brake line was prob 3 or 4 inches. I ordered the supersize kit from Yaffe and it came with everything but brake fluid. The brake kit is awesome. I was a little sceptical of this but it is a great system. The clutch cable they sent is a little on the long side, but only by 2 inches so it is hidden under the nose. Thanks for the nice comments.
2010-07-22 16.59.30.jpg

2010-07-21 12.54.10.jpg

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
From the rear view, it looks like the CEA's were made for a Roadie. They don't appear to obstruct the view of the gauges.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Toast what the bottom width of your bars?

·
Registered
2 Posts
these bars are awesome

Toaster i have been thinking about these bars constantly for about a month now. i am torn between the 14s or 17s. i'm 6'3 with long arms, im sure the bars are comfortable but i was just wondering how they fit your body? are your arms above your shoulders ?

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
Use the search feature, you will find the answers you need. Many Many more recent threads on this topic. If you need specific details on 14s you can PM me, but if you are posting a question on a thread like this, you need to let us know about your bike.

·
Registered
146 Posts
What kind of stand/lift are you using and how did you get your bike up there? Also, the bars look sweet!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts