Road Glide banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been reading through the threads but there is no talk of the radio to speaker signal. Im looking at hertz sv 165, st 25 and hertz hmp 4d amp for a 2019 rgs. or maybe the mpk 165.3 will the amp fit in faring and what will I need for install ?

thanks for advice.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'm in a similar boat as you. I won a raffle with a $28 ticket and won the Sony 5000 touch screen radio, install kit, 4 channel diamond audio amp and speakers. Debating about the install myself or paying someone to do it. Pretty sure I'm just going to give it a shot! You might want to look up the size specs of a boom amp and see if yours is a similar size.

·
Registered
753 Posts
I'm in a similar boat as you. I won a raffle with a $28 ticket and won the Sony 5000 touch screen radio, install kit, 4 channel diamond audio amp and speakers. Debating about the install myself or paying someone to do it. Pretty sure I'm just going to give it a shot! You might want to look up the size specs of a boom amp and see if yours is a similar size.

Awesome deal. The install is easy, especially with that amp. Plenty of folks here to help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
753 Posts
I have been reading through the threads but there is no talk of the radio to speaker signal. Im looking at hertz sv 165, st 25 and hertz hmp 4d amp for a 2019 rgs. or maybe the mpk 165.3 will the amp fit in faring and what will I need for install ?

thanks for advice.

What are the dimensions on the hertz amp?

The sv 165 are used quite a bit in lowers for some fill and they get loud quick. That being said, I don’t know that I’d like them alone in the fairing as a 2 speaker system. The 165.3 may not get as loud, but the general consensus is they sound fuller to most folks. That’s the problem with audio, it’s very subjective and everyone’s ears are different.

·
Registered
131 Posts
If you decide you don’t want to do it and want to get rid of it I will give you $50. :grin:

Really though, the install is really pretty easy.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What are the dimensions on the hertz amp?

The sv 165 are used quite a bit in lowers for some fill and they get loud quick. That being said, I don’t know that I’d like them alone in the fairing as a 2 speaker system. The 165.3 may not get as loud, but the general consensus is they sound fuller to most folks. That’s the problem with audio, it’s very subjective and everyone’s ears are different.

I went with the 165.3 but I was going to use tweeters with the 165's also.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts