Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I did compare the tbw plug with another at my indy shop. Both was wired identical. It was on a street glide but couldn't imagine it being different.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
If you could get your hands on another sensor it might be worth it to plug it in and see if it throws the same codes.
Sorry. Not talking about the tbw plug only. I would check that i have all of the pins in molex plugs in the right spots.
The tbw was the only connector I had to depin. The other 3 are small enough to go through the bars on a 2015.
I am going to check with my Indy to see if he has a tgs for test purposes..

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Have you pulled the main fuse yet for 5 minutes ? Just curious.....

Edit: saw that you did... didn't see it at first.....

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Timely, I have never had a problem doing bars but, somehow today, I have the exact same issue. I'm going to follow for help, yes, I've tried the main fuse disconnect

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
115 Posts
Man that sucks....I ordered their 13" holey holler bars on Friday and now I'm afraid to installed them myself...aha...any advice???

·
Registered
2,935 Posts
Man that sucks....I ordered their 13" holey holler bars on Friday and now I'm afraid to installed them myself...aha...any advice???
If it's a Rushmore, it's a piece of cake. Watch the video I posted a couple of days ago. Really shows how to take apart the controls and such. Once you see it, it's easy.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
It really is not that hard to change them over. You only have to denim the tgs connector the other molex connectors fit through the bars easily. Take your time and don't pull to hard on the tgs. I just put on their classic apes.

·
Registered
115 Posts
It really is not that hard to change them over. You only have to denim the tgs connector the other molex connectors fit through the bars easily. Take your time and don't pull to hard on the tgs. I just put on their classic apes.
Cool...do I need to disconnect the battery b4 taking anything a part?

·
Registered
2,935 Posts
ON my 16 I didn't have to pull any of the end plugs off. They all pulled thru the bars fine. Also, on my bike the TBW is a one piece wire setup all the way to the plug under the speedo/tach. Guess they changed the green connector mess.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Took a few pictures from the Fly by wire connector while installing my bars....., maybe you can use as reference..

Pictures were taken from the top of the connector.

Top: gray/purple/red
Bottom: black/blue/brown

Top..

Bottom..

Note how the pin goes a certain way on the top part and a different way on the bottom.

Top..

Bottom..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,935 Posts
Took a few pictures from the Fly by wire connector while installing my bars....., maybe you can use as reference..

Pictures were taken from the top of the connector.

Top: gray/purple/red
Bottom: black/blue/brown

Top..

Bottom..

Note how the pin goes a certain way on the top part and a different way on the bottom.

Top..

Bottom..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Great pics for those that haven't done it before. For me, I know its simple, is getting each pin out with the probe. I've done it a 100 times and it still gives me hell. lol

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
UPDATE !!!!!!!
Long story short. Replaced tgs and all works & no lights on or flashing.
Woot woot!!!! That's to everyone who helped and offered advice. This forum and people here are freaking awsome!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all..... long time reader. And I must say I have found alot of good info here. Thanks to everyone.....
Ok so I have a 15 RGS, and final bit the bullet and changed bars. I went with the road 6 customs 13" traditional bars.
I tore apart the stock bars everything went fine. I ran the wires in the new bars. Went smooth no issues. I was able to leave the dreaded green plug on the wire harness. I reinstalled the bars. Went to start the bike and fired right up. And lo & behold........ The cruise light was flashing, check engine light was on and no throttle..... that sucks!!!!!!!! I was reading here that I may have wired the tbw plug wrong. So I checked that and changed the wires to what i thought the position should be. Hooked everything up. Hit the start button, and would turn over but no start........ there I am heart broken.....lol Ok so I thought I would start from the beginning. Took the bars off, pulled the right side switch harness and tbw harness out to check the green plug. It appeared to be plugged in and in good shape.
I taped the plug reassembled the right side. Ran down to my local indy shop to double check the tbw plug wire location. Reassembled correctly hooked everything up, put everything together. And started the bike, and again...... cruise light blinking,engine light is on and no throttle!!!!!!!!! I know this subject has been beat to death. I just need help. I wired a 08 Electra Glide with 4 billion wires and didn't have this much trouble.... thanks in advance........
Where doe the black plug hook into in the faring, i cant find a place to plug it in?

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Where doe the black plug hook into in the faring, i cant find a place to plug it in?
Not which plug your referring to, but it might be the one for heated grips, so you can ignore that unless you have them.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Not which plug your referring to, but it might be the one for heated grips, so you can ignore that unless you have them.
Thanks its the small two wire plug, I dont remember unplugging it but its been three weeks or so waiting on bars. If it is for heated grips, ( which I dont have ) where would it plug in if you get them? Also the clutch side grip and control housing is loose and I can't seem to get it tight, just keeps moving. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts