Road Glide banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well decided to get rid of the stock bars for some Khrome Werks bobber 12" bars. Bars are very nicely made and they they give me the pullback i need to be in a more upright position. The install was pretty easy and the best part was i didn't have to unpin the TBW plug, it was just as small as the other connectors. So i bought that molex tool for nothing. Pulling the wires was fairly easy ( but i suggest having someone help you). I had to make some small modifications to remove guide pin from the hydraulic clamps for brake and clutch but no big deal. So after all that i go to put everything back together and fire it up, but what to my suprise a check engine light.:surprise::surprise:. I ran the diag and have codes ECM p2122, 2127,2138. Spo u0140. WTF. So i google the codes and everything says it has to do with low voltage and the TBW. So i pull it all apart again to check all connetions and make sure nothing is broken. But light is still on and codes remain the same. So i guess tomorrow i will be heading over the the dealer to find out whats up. Oh by the way the bike runs fine. Here are some photos of the install.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
Well decided to get rid of the stock bars for some Khrome Werks bobber 12" bars. Bars are very nicely made and they they give me the pullback i need to be in a more upright position. The install was pretty easy and the best part was i didn't have to unpin the TBW plug, it was just as small as the other connectors. So i bought that molex tool for nothing. Pulling the wires was fairly easy ( but i suggest having someone help you). I had to make some small modifications to remove guide pin from the hydraulic clamps for brake and clutch but no big deal. So after all that i go to put everything back together and fire it up, but what to my suprise a check engine light.:surprise::surprise:. I ran the diag and have codes ECM p2122, 2127,2138. Spo u0140. WTF. So i google the codes and everything says it has to do with low voltage and the TBW. So i pull it all apart again to check all connetions and make sure nothing is broken. But light is still on and codes remain the same. So i guess tomorrow i will be heading over the the dealer to find out whats up. Oh by the way the bike runs fine. Here are some photos of the install.

If you did the bar swap without pulling the main fuse and disconnecting the negative battery cable it will throw the codes. If you did put everything back together correctly all you have to do is clear the codes. Then start the bike and I bet your check engine light will go off and the codes will not come back. If you did not do something right then the appropriate code or codes will show up.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
All is well in the world now. Pulled the fuse and disconnected negative battery terminal. After 2 start ups the check engine light went out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts