Road Glide banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Road Glide Limited Silver Pine/Spruce
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got my wonky stock bars off the new bike. Replaced with a set of KST Customs 10" Pioneers. Beefy look at 1.5" diameter.
Could have maybe went with 12" but didn't want my hands "in the air" too much. Cool riding here early spring/late fall.
So much more comfortable and fully adjustable. Easiest bars ever to wire internally...and that's with heated grips as well.
While at it, swapped out the switch housings for chrome, and the stock heated grips for Kahuna's. These are great...had them on my previous bike.
TCu2mVoDQfyMAZ4SD2IVPA.jpg

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice! Those puppies look really wide! How about a side view?

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
Yes they are! They're set at 36" wide. Can be adjusted...the more pullback, the narrower they get. At zero pullback, they're 38" wide. I like this width as it's what I had on my "batwing" bike. My arms are fairly long and the width and less wrist angle feels right for me.
2vzPBi3XS7aMIUP2doHPBA.jpg

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
It's a good feeling to know you got it right the first time. I had it close the first time, but nailed it the second. Only 1 set of bars to try and sell. Some try several times.

Reactions: lefty33

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's a good feeling to know you got it right the first time. I had it close the first time, but nailed it the second. Only 1 set of bars to try and sell. Some try several times.
You got that right! I knew I wanted the width and flatter wrist angle from my previous bike, even though it was a batwing. When I came upon these KST's, I knew I could make them work for me.
I like traditional looking so that's why I went with the Pioneers. They have other styles in their Vanguard (adjustable) series. And changing out bars on a RG is way easy compared to a batwing.

·
Registered
2008 FLTRU 105th Anniversary w/ 110"
1,412 Posts
Yes they are! They're set at 36" wide. Can be adjusted...the more pullback, the narrower they get. At zero pullback, they're 38" wide. I like this width as it's what I had on my "batwing" bike. My arms are fairly long and the width and less wrist angle feels right for me.
With the bars being so wide, it looks like your hands will be 'out in the air' no matter what height. I like the classic look of them, but 36" would be too wide for me.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
With the bars being so wide, it looks like your hands will be 'out in the air' no matter what height. I like the classic look of them, but 36" would be too wide for me.
You’re right...and knowing that, I didn’t want to be higher as well. I rode this afternoon without gloves (heated grips off) to specifically see how they felt. Temp was in the high 50’s and quite doable. The windshield/fairing still do a pretty good job of kicking the air out. A different windshield with more of a flare or recurve would be even better.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Looks good. I had the KST straight jackets and even those were too wide for me. Had to change them out.
They’re definitely not for everyone. That’s why there are so many choices & options. Use what works best for you...not me. That being said, the stock “wheelbarrow” handle like bars are 32” wide so the way I have them set, they’re only 2” wider on each side. Again, use what works best for each individual.

·
Registered
70 Posts
They really look nice on your bike. One quick question: On your fairing I notices small wind deflectors on the side. Do they really help? just wondering because I am fighting the battle over buffeting,
Thanks, Dan

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
They really look nice on your bike. One quick question: On your fairing I notices small wind deflectors on the side. Do they really help? just wondering because I am fighting the battle over buffeting,
Thanks, Dan
Not sure as I haven't rode without them. They came stock on the 2020. Assuming then they were not there on previous years. That being said, no buffeting to speak of...and that's with the stock windshield that I plan to switch out to a Freedom.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I have them on my 2018 RGU maybe it is a Ultra/Limited thing because of the lowers.

·
Registered
3,631 Posts
Thanks, Dan
I like the HD wind baffles that attach to the engine guard and gas tank bolts. If you don’t have them they’re an inexpensive addition to any buffeting coming under the fairing.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts