Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my custom BR bars on finally. I got them in August last year, messed up the TBW and left for drug rehab before I could finish. Just got out Memorial weekend, and finished them yesterday!! I soldered the TBW wires instead of using the stupid connector. No codes thrown, but going to have Harley cycle ABS solenoid to make sure air is all out.

Gonna go for some short rides for awhile to get back "OFF" my feet again. Maybe back and forth to work and get my bike legs back. Hopefully by September I can take a nice trip.

Carcass

Attachments

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
The bars look great and there is no need to have a steeler cycle your abs. Just bleed them like you would any other brake system and enjoy. I've personally bled mine and a few others without issue.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Very nice!

·
Registered
842 Posts
Dude that looks GREAT!!!

Can I ask how you installed those spikes. Where did you get them??

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Found spikes online. Had to extend threads and painted them black. It's been a long time so I forgot where and how much. Thanks though.

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The bars look great and there is no need to have a steeler cycle your abs. Just bleed them like you would any other brake system and enjoy. I've personally bled mine and a few others without issue.
I hear so many people say one thing or the other. It's hard to know what to do. I bled them well, and I guess the Stealer visit would give me a warm fuzzy. However...

If it is true the ABS needs to be cycled, would it throw a code? I have no codes on my last startup.

What do you think about me testing the ABS? How could this be done safely without risk of going over? if front brakes lock up?

Thanks,
Carcass

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
If you bled it and the lever doesn't feel mushy and there is no abs light then you are fine. If spending your money at your steeler to check it gives you a warm fuzzy then by all means go for it.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sounds good, and no, giving $$ away for nothing gives me a cold crampy feeling :D

Thanks for taking time to help,
John

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah! Got my first ride in (albeit short) since last August!! The brakes work great, and no ABS light!! The new bars are killer, and help a lot with keeping me upright and not slouched! Thanks to all for the help!

Carcass

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks man, 300 days today. Goin' for one more....

1 - 20 of 20 Posts