Road Glide banner

121 - 140 of 169 Posts

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #121
@HellInABucket The fact that he is seeing the CarPlay icon tells me that the mic requirement is being made. If the radio doesn’t detect a mic the phone icon shows.
But with that being said it seems a lot of cats don’t really know how this stuff works so I’d say @Pjb761 should post a pic of his screen so someone can help him out.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Any chance there are release notes for this?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm sorry. Android auto.
I don't have an iPhone. I misspoke.
I do not have an icon for android auto.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #125
I'm sorry. Android auto.
I don't have an iPhone. I misspoke.
I do not have an icon for android auto.

Did you down load the app, is the phone set to protection, and try a different cable in that order.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Figured it out. Silly , but you need to have a purchased and downloaded song on you cell phone before the android auto will connect with your device. It's up and working.

·
Registered
533 Posts
I'm an android users so I grabbed this as soon as it came out. It's ... OK. It's great to be able to now switch between Spotify and Amazon music, browse between playlists on each and flip over to WAZE. A little clunky and a little slow, but it's another option. My only gripe is that you have to be connected via USB. So if I want to go back and listen to something I have on my stick I have to unplug and plug in the stick. But that's minor.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Figured it out. Silly , but you need to have a purchased and downloaded song on you cell phone before the android auto will connect with your device. It's up and working.

ya... I don't think that was it. Probably just taking the phone out and putting it back in did the trick. Same thing for me. You don't have to have songs on your phone to get this to work. Just the Android Auto app.

·
Registered
25 Posts
My only gripe is that you have to be connected via USB. So if I want to go back and listen to something I have on my stick I have to unplug and plug in the stick. But that's minor.
Agree. Wish the geniuses at HD would have thought to put two inputs on the bike.

·
Registered
885 Posts
I just installed the update onto my new retro GTS unit, all went smoothly. I have an iPhone so I can’t test out the Android Auto function, but I was more interested in the iPhone 11 fixes for future upgrade there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
But is the radio able to discern between the two two things plugged in? None of my other cars or truck have two data USB ports. Only one, the rest are only charge ports.
i read somewhere where someone was using a splitter and 2 usb drives, both loaded with music and he was able to read the music on both....

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have one so I will try it out this weekend and let you know.
I was able to use a usb splitter and had both my android phone and ipod plug in. After turning the bluetooth off on my ipod, I was able to switch between android auto and the ipod with no issues to play music.

121 - 140 of 169 Posts