Road Glide banner

141 - 160 of 169 Posts

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #141
I was able to use a usb splitter and had both my android phone and ipod plug in. After turning the bluetooth off on my ipod, I was able to switch between android auto and the ipod with no issues to play music.
So how did it show up?

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #143
I don't think I'd ever use it cause I stream. But I like to know how this radio works when people figure out new stuff.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I was able to use a usb splitter and had both my android phone and ipod plug in. After turning the bluetooth off on my ipod, I was able to switch between android auto and the ipod with no issues to play music.
I don't think I'd ever use it cause I stream. But I like to know how this radio works when people figure out new stuff.
I was able to stream pandora with both connected. Haven't tried any of my other streaming apps yet. Tomorrow will be a nice day to ride to find out.

·
Registered
794 Posts
okay i took bike to dealer thursday they installed the up date, but when it went to download data from phone it froze up, they called moco no help filmed what was happening no help from moco. left and drove back home. was playin with phone and noticed when i turned on android play there was a real quick screen that popped up askin permision to instal, which i thought was already done. clicked on the screen boom hooked up to bike and all runs as should, road all day sat. with friends and used google maps to navigate around some tex backroads worked great. streamed spotify music all day thru bike speakers. still need fo figure if it will allow me to upload and run google maps on the boom gts and still bluetooth my cardo to phone for music in helmet. when riding sat. the spotify would only play thru bike speakers. anyone figure this out yet.

·
Registered
192 Posts
okay i took bike to dealer thursday they installed the up date, but when it went to download data from phone it froze up, they called moco no help filmed what was happening no help from moco. left and drove back home. was playin with phone and noticed when i turned on android play there was a real quick screen that popped up askin permision to instal, which i thought was already done. clicked on the screen boom hooked up to bike and all runs as should, road all day sat. with friends and used google maps to navigate around some tex backroads worked great. streamed spotify music all day thru bike speakers. still need fo figure if it will allow me to upload and run google maps on the boom gts and still bluetooth my cardo to phone for music in helmet. when riding sat. the spotify would only play thru bike speakers. anyone figure this out yet.
You need to select headset instead of speakers. Go to audio settings and select audio routing. You can choose speaker or headset in audio routing.

·
Registered
47 Posts
So how did it show up?
@craigffb : I got THIS splitter cable from Amazon and tonight after a day of riding, I plugged it in to see if it would work. To my great surprise, Android Auto worked, AND the flash drive I plugged in started playing as well. When I plugged the splitter into the bike's USB port with only my 128GB flash drive already connected to it, the GTS switched from the SXM tuner to the flash drive and picked up playing the last song I was listening to, and it even resumed the track where it left off when I pulled the flash drive!. Then when I plugged in my Samsung Galaxy S10, the Android Auto interface started (displaying Google Maps). On the Home screen, I had the Music, Navigation and Android Auto buttons showing, and the flash drive was playing. When I used the right joystick to select the music section, it displayed the flash drive track info. I flicked up to select the media source, and it listed the tuners (AM/FM/SXM) and USB, but the Samsung GS10 (Bluetooth) was grayed out. That is to be expected with the phone connected via USB as Android Auto takes over control of the phone's Bluetooth.

The biggest problem is that cable has that big "block" in the middle of it (where it splits into the two female USB connectors)...so with that all jammed into the right side glove box, the phone didn't want to fit like I can usually get it to fit. I'm still pondering whether I want to pull the outer fairing back off and connect that cable and run the pigtails into the glove box. For the time being, I'm good with just running off the Android Auto: the flash drive is set up with about the same set of music that I store on my phone, and I can access the stored music via the MusicMonkey App (or Samsung Music I'd guess: though I haven't used that app in a long time, and never through Android Auto). I think I'll likely keep the splitter in the Tour Pak, and if I set up a new flash drive for new music I haven't yet synched to the phone, or if a passenger were to give me a flash drive with music she'd like to listen to, I have the option to use AA along with the USB drive.

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
interesting that you got it to work, i went to the site and looked at it and bigger than shit it says:

·
Registered
8 Posts
The splitter you got is a bit bulkier than the the one I purchased. The additional wires does cramp up the glove box. I have also tried the USB Hub which also works just as well, but gives you a little bit more to put phones/ipod in the glove box. Glad you got it to work.

·
Registered
47 Posts
interesting that you got it to work, i went to the site and looked at it and bigger than shit it says:

View attachment 414104
Yep: I saw that, and it seems that they may be just giving that for a CYA? It did allow Android Auto to function while a flash drive played music, so...maybe I just got lucky?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I upgraded and don't see Android Auto on there. My question: will I need to have my unit re-flashed after upgrading the BOOM GTS software?

·
Registered
3 Posts
My son just installed the new update yesterday and yes Android Auto is in this release and it works just fine with out a microphone unlike Apple Car Play.
If you are having an issue with Apple Car Play and you do not have a headset attached to your bike (wired or wireless) have your dealership go into the configuration of the software on the radio and set Apple Car Play Mic control to off. This setting will allow Apple Car Play to work with or with out a Microphone headset attached to the bike.

·
Registered
7 Posts
My son just installed the new update yesterday and yes Android Auto is in this release and it works just fine with out a microphone unlike Apple Car Play.
If you are having an issue with Apple Car Play and you do not have a headset attached to your bike (wired or wireless) have your dealership go into the configuration of the software on the radio and set Apple Car Play Mic control to off. This setting will allow Apple Car Play to work with or with out a Microphone headset attached to the bike.
Thanks for the response. Do you need to install anything on your phone? I know there is an Android Auto app for your phone but I was under the impression you didn't need that. Also, do you have to turn off Boothtooth or disconnect the phone from the bike so it is only connected via USB? Struggling to figure it out.

·
Registered
794 Posts
You need to select headset instead of speakers. Go to audio settings and select audio routing. You can choose speaker or headset in audio routing.
I believe that is just if you have a wired headset, isn't it. I use a pactalk Bluetooth which connects to my phone but still won't connect to the " all hail " harley boom gts.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Thanks for the response. Do you need to install anything on your phone? I know there is an Android Auto app for your phone but I was under the impression you didn't need that. Also, do you have to turn off Boothtooth or disconnect the phone from the bike so it is only connected via USB? Struggling to figure it out.
I have had it for a week now and still haven't figured it all out. got the google maps to work but haven't got the turn by turn voice yet. got the music from phone using spotify, will probably just use the packtalk hooked to the phone anyway because I use rever to chart my routes and get directions. I used the packtalk with waze mapping around town with turn by turn thru the helmet. but will be leavin Monday june 1 for a 18 state 8000 mile trip should have all this figured out when I get home in august.

141 - 160 of 169 Posts