Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just released:

Version: MY19.19.02.01

Looks like most of it deals with wireless headset stuff.

• Enable new P&A headset compatibility
• Wireless Headset menu not showing up in Setup menu intermittently.
• Wireless Headset not detected after manually cancelling headset pairing pop-up.
• Delay in Wireless Headset volume control.
• Wireless Headset Icon not showing up intermittently.
• Various bugs and fixes

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I wish these would update my 16. Lol.
That seems to be the case for most OE radios. Once a newer version hits the market the older one no longer sees support. Seems to be the case with the radio in the OL's Durango. It's a fairly nice system but the year after we got it they brought out the new version with CarPlay....ours hasn't gotten an update since.

·
Registered
4,196 Posts
That seems to be the case for most OE radios. Once a newer version hits the market the older one no longer sees support. Seems to be the case with the radio in the OL's Durango. It's a fairly nice system but the year after we got it they brought out the new version with CarPlay....ours hasn't gotten an update since.
I'm really considering the Sony xav-ax5000 from Biketronics.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm really considering the Sony xav-ax5000 from Biketronics.
I've never been a huge fan of after market radios. No matter what they are they always look and feel cheap to me. Add on top of that I did wired front and rear comms on my bike so I need to keep the OE radio to have it. It's light years ahead of the HK radio on my 2012 Street Glide, so I'm not complaining.

·
Registered
4,196 Posts
I've never been a huge fan of after market radios. No matter what they are they always look and feel cheap to me. Add on top of that I did wired front and rear comms on my bike so I need to keep the OE radio to have it. It's light years ahead of the HK radio on my 2012 Street Glide, so I'm not complaining.
Ya mine has served me well. It's about sound. I just picked up my BT2180.15 kit and am on my way home to install it. So this may make me forget about a new HU.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I did not get it explicitly from the original post, but I presume from the conversation that the BOOM update is only for the 2019 model radios?

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I did not get it explicitly from the original post, but I presume from the conversation that the BOOM update is only for the 2019 model radios?
Yes, but there is also one for the 6.5 GT. The updates for both radios are pretty much dealing with wireless headset stuff.

·
Registered
3,968 Posts
Yes, but there is also one for the 6.5 GT. The updates for both radios are pretty much dealing with wireless headset stuff.

The one for the 6.5GT is not working from the website. Incomplete file or something. Only the dealership location files will update for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
399 Posts
The one for the 6.5GT is not working from the website. Incomplete file or something. Only the dealership location files will update for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
@georgewerr

Yes for the GTS, but apparently there is an issue with the files for the 6.5 GT and you need to take it in.
I just did the GT65 update today. Worked without issue. Here is a link: https://www.harley-davidson.com/us/en/owners/audio-navigation/boom-box-65gt.html

1 - 20 of 22 Posts