Road Glide banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Jan 3, 2020:

They went on sale before Christmas. Pricey, but gives pre-19 Rushmores an alternative ?

NVM...New update. I need to read better. Someone on FB alluded to new updates killing CarPlay when no WHIM installed. I’ll sit on the sideline on this one until more info is published on results.

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
Not really an update unfortunately. It just addresses the retrofit.

Update: MY20.19.39.00
Improvements
  • P&A radio P/N’s 76000829A and 76000834A are already loaded with this software, which allows the GTS radio to be compatible with ’14-’18 Touring and Trike North American (DOM) models. If the GTS radio is not one of these two part numbers and is being installed on a ’14-‘18 Touring or Trike this software update MUST be performed with the radio connected to a ’19 or later Touring bike prior to installation on the earlier model. Once the update is complete a pre-calibration reset MUST be performed on the radio, then it can be installed on a ’14-’18 vehicle. Refer to instruction sheet 94100195 for fitment details.

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not really an update unfortunately. It just addresses the retrofit.
I'd assume there are other bug fixes included. But difficult to say because they never post a change log. ?

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
I'd assume there are other bug fixes included. But difficult to say because they never post a change log. ?
What I posted IS the change log. The change log for every update can be found on the H-D Service Information Portal, Owners Manual: BOOM! BOX GTS, Release Notes, Software Updates.

I wish it was a real update too. There are some issues I wish they would correct. But unfortunately it's just for the retrofit according to what H-D published.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Found this on the other site.

Improvements
  • P&A radio P/N’s 76000829A and 76000834A are already loaded with this software, which allows the GTS radio to be compatible with ’14-’18 Touring and Trike North American (DOM) models. If the GTS radio is not one of these two part numbers and is being installed on a ’14-‘18 Touring or Trike this software update MUST be performed with the radio connected to a ’19 or later Touring bike prior to installation on the earlier model. Once the update is complete a pre-calibration reset MUST be performed on the radio, then it can be installed on a ’14-’18 vehicle. Refer to instruction sheet 94100195 for fitment details.

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
Found this on the other site.

Improvements
LOL.....Bro, post #4 in THIS thread.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Jan 3, 2020:

Had issue installing the new Boom Box GTS - Version: M20.19.39.00 | January 3, 2020
I have done numerous software updates on my 2019 RGS but today did not go well. I used the same thumb drive as always so when I plugged it in it the bike USB it asked if I wanted to continue. It started the update but this time It did not show the update screen that it normally does it just went to a black screen with the four icons lit up. At that point I knew I was in trouble. It normally take about 10 minutes to update so after 40 minutes I called HD support.

I have only called HD support once before and that was for a WIMM issue and this time was just as bad as the last. The gentlemen I spoke to had no clue and kept putting me on hold the last time for about 10 minutes. He came back and said none of the Techs have seen this problem and I should take it to the Dealer. I told him how can I be the only one in the world that has ever had this problem and he said sorry take it to the dealer. When I turned the bike off the screen was the same black with the four icons in each corner lit up. I'm not a HD tech and don't play one on TV but I thought what if I disconnect the battery let it sit for a couple of minutes and hook it back up. So I did and what do you know the update started right up and all is well. IF this happens to you try this because calling HD support sucks.

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
Had issue installing the new Boom Box GTS - Version: M20.19.39.00 | January 3, 2020
I have done numerous software updates on my 2019 RGS but today did not go well. I used the same thumb drive as always so when I plugged it in it the bike USB it asked if I wanted to continue. It started the update but this time It did not show the update screen that it normally does it just went to a black screen with the four icons lit up. At that point I knew I was in trouble. It normally take about 10 minutes to update so after 40 minutes I called HD support.

I have only called HD support once before and that was for a WIMM issue and this time was just as bad as the last. The gentlemen I spoke to had no clue and kept putting me on hold the last time for about 10 minutes. He came back and said none of the Techs have seen this problem and I should take it to the Dealer. I told him how can I be the only one in the world that has ever had this problem and he said sorry take it to the dealer. When I turned the bike off the screen was the same black with the four icons in each corner lit up. I'm not a HD tech and don't play one on TV but I thought what if I disconnect the battery let it sit for a couple of minutes and hook it back up. So I did and what do you know the update started right up and all is well. IF this happens to you try this because calling HD support sucks.
The sad part of all this is the update did absolutely nothing for you. It is simply an update to address people putting the GTS in older bikes. Read post #4. It's the change log from the H-D service information portal.

·
Registered
31 Posts
The sad part of all this is the update did absolutely nothing for you. It is simply an update to address people putting the GTS in older bikes. Read post #4. It's the change log from the H-D service information portal.
It would have been nice if they would have indicated that next to the update.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Problem is I can never find on the HD site what the update is for so I fill if they put it out I should update after a week or so of the update. Just like most of do on our smart phones and PC's

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
Problem is I can never find on the HD site what the update is for so I fill if they put it out I should update after a week or so of the update. Just like most of do on our smart phones and PC's
The change log for every update can be found on the H-D Service Information Portal, Owners Manual: BOOM! BOX GTS, Release Notes, Software Updates.

·
Registered
2 Posts

I had the same issues, I still had the last download saved so I reloaded it and the system started working again.

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
I've kept a copy of every update..just in case I needed to revert back one.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts