Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
These will he here today. I'm really wanting to wear a "sneaker" these are European CE rated so theres built in protection all around and they waterproof with a breathable gortex liner. Issue I'm having is everything I've tried is too narrow. The reviews say this is kinda wide. We'll see. If the shoe dont fit. I'll just get the boot.

Link to the shoe

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/tcx-mood-gore-tex-shoes

Link to the boot

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/tcx-fuel-wp-boots

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
These will he here today. I'm really wanting to wear a "sneaker" these are European CE rated so theres built in protection all around and they waterproof with a breathable gortex liner. Issue I'm having is everything I've tried is too narrow. The reviews say this is kinda wide. We'll see. If the shoe dont fit. I'll just get the boot.
let us know how "breathable" the sneakers really are.

i normally ride with K-Swiss classics (insert nasty comment here) because i just can't get the "feel" of the road surface in a hard-soled shoe or boot.

I bought TCX boots for winter and they are good quality boots, but when my legs swell up (water) they don't fit.

·
Registered
5,486 Posts
HUGE fan of "The Right" riding sneaker.......Ankle Support, Shift Toe Support, Grip Sole and Waterproof - I wore my first pair out after 3 seasons and am now on these and love 'em - Was skeptical of going HD Branded Gear but these did not let me down and I have already tested all the above mentioned attributes of a good sneaker.....and these passed well........and I know yours will too

https://www.harley-davidson.com/store/holtman-waterproof-performance-boots

·
Registered
667 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Another (insert nasty comment here reply). 95% of the time Im wearing Jordans on the bike, I have 8 pairs. Winter time then boots.

·
Registered
4,443 Posts
I am a dinosaur, I have been buying/wearing the same Timberland work boots for 40 years. I almost pulled the trigger on a pair of these "sneakers" because that's what they look like to me in the spring. I would be curious to get your feedback John when you get them. There was another string like this in the spring that almost talked me into it. SteddieEddie I thought you spoke about a different HD pair you had but I do not see what I thought you were talking about before on the HD website, (I hate buying HD branded shit).

Its almost fall, my workboots will due for now. I think next year might be my year to try something different.

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
HUGE fan of "The Right" riding sneaker.......Ankle Support, Shift Toe Support, Grip Sole and Waterproof - I wore my first pair out after 3 seasons and am now on these and love 'em - Was skeptical of going HD Branded Gear but these did not let me down and I have already tested all the above mentioned attributes of a good sneaker.....and these passed well........and I know yours will too

https://www.harley-davidson.com/store/holtman-waterproof-performance-boots
Walked around the dealership with these on for 30 minutes. Too narrow. Which is usually the issue.

I am a dinosaur, I have been buying/wearing the same Timberland work boots for 40 years. I almost pulled the trigger on a pair of these "sneakers" because that's what they look like to me in the spring. I would be curious to get your feedback John when you get them. There was another string like this in the spring that almost talked me into it. SteddieEddie I thought you spoke about a different HD pair you had but I do not see what I thought you were talking about before on the HD website, (I hate buying HD branded shit).

Its almost fall, my workboots will due for now. I think next year might be my year to try something different.
Too small. Just my luck. On Revzilla everyone said true to size. Well. Not for me I'm going to send these back and get the next size up. 46/12. These are 45/11

Only sneaker I never have an issue with is New Balance Made in USA 1540 sneaker. Fits perfectly.

I was starting to ride with them. But a guy at work went down in his Jordons. Ya. Fucked him up. Tore them things right off his feet in the slide. Chipped heel and cracked ankle.on one foot and the toes ground to about the bone on the other. Cured me of ever wearing sneakers on the bike ever again.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
I had been wearing my River Road boots for about 14 years. Had them resoled once. They starting coming apart on the inside about a year ago. I would have went with another pair but they don’t make them any more. I went around and around trying to find boots that I thought were quality boots.
I ended up with TCX Boots. Very nice boots. I have put about 3500 miles on the bike with them and I really like theses boots.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,443 Posts
Walked around the dealership with these on for 30 minutes. Too narrow. Which is usually the issue.

Too small. Just my luck. On Revzilla everyone said true to size. Well. Not for me I'm going to send these back and get the next size up. 46/12. These are 45/11

Only sneaker I never have an issue with is New Balance Made in USA 1540 sneaker. Fits perfectly.

I was starting to ride with them. But a guy at work went down in his Jordons. Ya. Fucked him up. Tore them things right off his feet in the slide. Chipped heel and cracked ankle.on one foot and the toes ground to about the bone on the other. Cured me of ever wearing sneakers on the bike ever again.

"I was starting to ride with them. But a guy at work went down in his Jordons. Ya. Fucked him up. Tore them things right off his feet in the slide. Chipped heel and cracked ankle.on one foot and the toes ground to about the bone on the other. Cured me of ever wearing sneakers on the bike ever again."

That's what I'm talking about! Scares the shit out of me. At least these seem to have ankle support or padding. Ok, I'm in, by next spring, don't want to be too hasty :surprise:

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I had been wearing my River Road boots for about 14 years. Had them resoled once. They starting coming apart on the inside about a year ago. I would have went with another pair but they don’t make them any more. I went around and around trying to find boots that I thought were quality boots.
I ended up with TCX Boots. Very nice boots. I have put about 3500 miles on the bike with them and I really like theses boots.
Thays the other choice. I've been in boots all my life. I want a change. You have a wide foot?

Just reordered the sneakers in a 46. Be here in 2 days.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Yep went with the other choice. I like to be a little different. Same as you ,,, been in boots all my life also. Redwings, almost always. Debated on there motorcycle boots. I don’t have a wide foot but I do have a really high arch. So I always have a had time pulling boots on and off. Not the TCX boots. I love the side zipper. Helps a lot. Good luck with the sneakers, hope it works out for you.

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Those boots look cool. Looks like you can resole them. Quick on/off. nice. I've been wearing the same Chipewwa boots, gortex liner, since 08. resoled twice. But those look worth exploring.
Follow the link and watch the video on Revzilla. I may buy these is the spring to just have a second pair and options. I like.options.

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Damn... Nice boot. Options ARE good. its a good thing the Mrs. isn't around anymore.. cause I could here it now, "JERROL ******* HOW MANY BOOTS DO YOU NEED!!!!!!".
Ya. I have 5 pairs of boots now. Lol. Add these sneakers to ride in thays 6. I buy the other pair that's 7. But I will toss out a few of the others and these 2 will be my dedicated riding attire. The others will be relegated to work only. The wife has 4 pairs of riding boots. And when she was just a passenger I never bitched. Like em? Buy em! She's looking at me funny now. I'm not going on my trip, yet the brown truck keeps leaving boxes. Lol.

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
I wear a lot of boots and one thing I will say is "just because a boot doesn't feel good at first doesn't mean that when it breaks in it won't." The first thing I do when I get a new pair of boots. I put them on and either walk in a water puddle or water them down. I then walk and kneel in them. Ill do this until they are dry. Some of the most uncomfortable boots Ive ever owned hurt like hell before the break in. Also Lexol from tractor supply is great at keeping them conditioned and water proof. All the rodeo guys use Lexol on their saddles. Both of the pairs you posted look awesome. I say get the size that fits you best and go for it.

BTW I just ordered a pair of the English made Dr Martens just before SW but didn't want to take the chance to break them in on the ride. I had to stick with my tried and true Rokker's. The Rockers hurt like hell at first but now I can wear them forever and they feel amazing. https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/rokker-classic-racer-boots and no I didn't buy them. My wife's family pitched in and bought them for me for Christmas 3 years ago. Still like new condition.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Best MC boots I’ve ever worn are the Timberland White Ledge model. Light, incredibly durable, comfortable enough to hike in, waterproof. ...and they come in 15s for us sasquatch-types. Can’t recommend these highly enough. Bought two spare pairs just in case they ever stop making them. Still wearing my first pair four years in...only slightly worse for wear.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts