Road Glide banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought HD's new black bullet turn signals with smoked lens. During the install I noticed that they don't include the black standoffs in the kit! Checked with HD and as of now you have to use the stock chrome standoffs, which kind of defeats the purpose of getting black signals. No time to get powder coated so Plastic Dip to the rescue. Applied about 5 coats. I think they look pretty good. I'll know more once they dry and I can install.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hows that plasti-dip holding up??? I bought those same signals but haven't put em on yet and I too didn't catch or know this... Glad I found your post so I can plan ahead(Thanks)
Harley IMHO has dropped the ball on too many of it's add-on parts. ARGHHH :( I may try plasti-dip myself then!?

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am very picky when It comes to my bike, and was not real thrilled to use plastic dip on it. Wow was I wrong. I have a black denim bike and it looks great. Go ahead and do it, know one will ever know its plastic dip. On a side note make sure to test lights to see if they work before you button everything up Lol. I had a problem getting the pins in one of the deutsch connector. One of the wires was longer than the rest making it difficult to properly seat the pins.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.