Road Glide banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bike is an 05 Road Glide 88TC injected with almost 50k miles, stage 1 air filter, Rinehart duals, and a Power Commander 3. Was getting nervous about tensioners having that many miles and this thing never been apart so figured while I am in there no better time for some new cams. Did much reading on here and other sites and decided on Andrews 48's for the cams, S&S lifters pushrods and bearing gasket kit. Cyco tension shoes and a Baisley spring. Found the tools needed on Amazon and should have all the parts by this weekend. Already got the pipe off and cam cover off and the outer shoe looks like mayby 50% wore so think I got it in time. looking forward to the new cams! Any one have a similar setup? Also any one have good luck with the S&S 33-5350 lifters?

·
Registered
593 Posts
The 48s are a great choice. Are you going to have it dyno tuned, or have you found a map to download?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Planing on having it dyno tuned after I get it back together. I have an older Power commander 3 on the bike and to be real honest I dont know a darn thing about it. It was on the bike when I got it 2 years ago and have not done any peformance mods or had a need to mess with it.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Got it back together and fired right up and sounded good. Going on the dyno friday. I feel lots better with the Cyco tensioners in there (piece of mind). I noticed a nice increase in oil presure with the Baisley spring also. Going to finish buttoning it up and get it on the ground for a test spin tonight just to see how it feels with the new cams before the tune. If its lean poping I wont ride it but it sounded good in the garage on the stand.

·
Registered
654 Posts
That sounds interesting. Let us know how it goes.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Cool, looking forward to your update as this is something I'm considering as well!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Got it on the dyno Friday, made 40 or 50 pulls, he tweaked on the fuel till it was right where he wanted it. Made little shy of 90 horse and just this side of 100 foot pounds tq. Bike feels great and took a 150 mile ride with my girl on the back and it feels awesome. Very happy with the Andrews 48 cams.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Fantastic. Yep, that would be fun.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Can I bug you for a little more detail on the amount of improvement? 90hp sounds GREAT.....

Is the seat of the pants impression ......... a nice improvement?

A GREAT improvement?

Or is it like a "whole new bike" kind of improvement........

I ask as I was getting quoted some pretty high costs to do my cams / bigbore / porting upgrade....and if just cams will give me enough punch.....well maybe I'll just start there.....

Thanks!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The bike pulls noticebly better all the way through. I did not want to spend $$ on hotroding it, I have drag cars for that. I was just after a bit more power for 2 up riding and I was impressed after the dyno tune. I am sure bumping the cubes would make even more of a diference but this was plenty for what I spent and I am happy with results. It is a positive seat of the pants improvement and for leaving it an 88 I am more than pleased with the power it has now.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts