Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Those look sic. I would prefer all red myself but I'm diggin them. 馃憤
Ya. That's another complaint. I wish they were all red. I think they can change that with a different program in the controller.

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
Those look sic. I would prefer all red myself but I'm diggin them. 馃憤
I just emailed them about the short tails. He replied already. On a Sunday. That's some customer service. They're making extensions now and a simple.wire swap will keep the lights all red.

When I get the extensions I will.do.the wire swap and have all red.

Gotta love this kind of support.

Registered
Ciro bag blades

Those are very slick. Are they plug and play? or do you have to splice them in.

I need to look into those.

Jim

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
Those are very slick. Are they plug and play? or do you have to splice them in.

I need to look into those.

Jim
Plug and play. No cutting or splicing. Took me.longer making sure they were straight than anything. Took about 10 minutes to install. I suffered from premature emodulation. I hate when a mod goes too fast. Lmao.

Registered
Ciro bag blades

Hahaha......... thats why I mod with Rum or Tequila, make sure I take my time.!!!

I was just on the website. The install directions read easy as can be. Only thing I'm not thrilled with is the wiring up the back side of the bags. Makes it a bit more difficult to remove bags. How did you route the the wire from the right bag to the left side ?

The filler panel lights looked good as well, but I like the added width and height of Red light with the bag blade.

Registered
Discussion Starter #8
Hahaha......... thats why I mod with Rum or Tequila, make sure I take my time.!!!

I was just on the website. The install directions read easy as can be. Only thing I'm not thrilled with is the wiring up the back side of the bags. Makes it a bit more difficult to remove bags. How did you route the the wire from the right bag to the left side ?

The filler panel lights looked good as well, but I like the added width and height of Red light with the bag blade.
The programmer that taps into the stock wiring has 2 pig tails. Left and right. The wiring goes under the seat on each side and has its own plug.

Registered
Discussion Starter #10
So these are only brake and turn? And the brake is red, turn amber?..I am color challenged...
No. They're run, brake and turn. I took a pick with them off to show how hidden that they are when off.

Yes, Amber turn signals but they said with a wire swap you can keep it all red.

Registered
I like the amber turns...contrast from what texting cagers are expecting...man Im pretty much out of my new bike mod window for a bit (Boss)...lol ..I really like those...undecided about the Ciro filler lights...with thier extended bottom thingy...

Registered
Discussion Starter #13
I like the amber turns...contrast from what texting cagers are expecting...man Im pretty much out of my new bike mod window for a bit (Boss)...lol ..I really like those...undecided about the Ciro filler lights...with thier extended bottom thingy...
Use the "safety" line on her. You won't be lying. It's all about safety and being seen.

Registered
The programmer that taps into the stock wiring has 2 pig tails. Left and right. The wiring goes under the seat on each side and has its own plug.
I love the lights.... Only question is: you have to remove the seat and unplug, then remove the wire that is routed up the Bags/fender to remove the bags for Cleaning/maintenance?

Registered
Discussion Starter #16

I love the lights.... Only question is: you have to remove the seat and unplug, then remove the wire that is routed up the Bags/fender to remove the bags for Cleaning/maintenance?
Yes. Until they send me the extended pig tails. Then I'll drop them out under the sides. The minor inconvenience is ok. The added benefit of the lights out weighs it for me

Super Moderator

Yes. Until they send me the extended pig tails. Then I'll drop them out under the sides. The minor inconvenience is ok. The added benefit of the lights out weighs it for me
I have the Ciro LED saddlebag extensions on my wife's bike and wrote Ciro a letter letting them know the wires need to be about 6" longer in order to properly hide them and also be able to remove the saddlebags without removing the seat. They're supposed to get back with me about an extension, glad to see I'm not the only one who thinks the wires are too short.

Registered
I have the Ciro LED saddlebag extensions on my wife's bike and wrote Ciro a letter letting them know the wires need to be about 6" longer in order to properly hide them and also be able to remove the saddlebags without removing the seat. They're supposed to get back with me about an extension, glad to see I'm not the only one who thinks the wires are too short.
Sweet, I was going to email them & say a great enhancement would be to have the connectors be longer so you dont have to take the seat off

Registered
Sweet, I was going to email them & say a great enhancement would be to have the connectors be longer so you dont have to take the seat off
Wow, If there is no QD without taking off the seat..Thats a deal killer for me until they fix it..unless I break out my splicing skills and coolio connectors..

I have a Mustang solo and its not really easy or quick to remove the pillion and seat...with the Ultra there's a bunch of wires behind the seat that get in the way...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts