Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Here is my newly modded 2012 RGU :)
All colors where done in 3M 1080 vinyl. So yes, it can be done!
It was a pain in the a$$ but I am very pleased with the result!
Went with metallic black and fiery orange with a silver pinstripe.

Also added the quick release Tour Pak hardware and a StreetGlide rear fender extension.

Here are the before and after pics :)

Cheers!

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks! I have to admit it was a steep learning curve... Used twice what I was planning on.. But heat gun and a LOT of patience did the trick... I also used about 2 roll of knifeless tape. Great stuff to make the graphics! Plus no chances of cutting into the clear of paint underneath :). On the plus side the whole bike is protected from rock chips ;)

·
Registered
376 Posts
Wow, very nice. Maybe I should talk my brother into doing this to his Electra Glide Classic. Then I can laugh at him screaming at it. Haha. But seriously, looks great I'll have to suggest this to him.

·
Registered
654 Posts
That looks awesome. When can I book an appointment. I am about 2.5 hours South of you?

·
Registered
376 Posts
Ok, so I showed my brother and he is impressed. How much material would you say you used? How much waste was there? I guess what I'm asking is how much would it actually take to do that again, but I think I'd then double that and hopefully ensure I had enough to do it well after all the mess ups! Thanks!

Reactions: Junior_1967
1 - 20 of 29 Posts