Road Glide banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Decided last summer I was ready to upgrade to a touring model, so I traded my '05 FXSTI for a lightly used '12 FLHX becuase I had wanted one for a few years. Bought it at the beginning of August last year (right before the '15 Roadglides debuted). Was a little sad but loved the new ride.

Logged almost 10k miles until I hit an oil trail on a banked cloverleaf last week. Rear tire slid out and slid through a lowsided until the tires caught and ended in a high side. I was very lucky and was able to walk away with only a couple small patches of road rash and a few sore muscles. Did a touch over 12k in damages to the FLHX, which insurance has deemed a total loss.

So... I decided I should test ride the new Roadglide and see what all the fuss was about. Bad idea on my part. Now for my insurance to pay me out so I can consummate the sale on my '15 Roadglide in vivid black with ABS and security.

I guess this is hello. Never thought I'd be on a Roadglide, but DAMN what a ride.

RE

·
Registered
8,386 Posts
Welcome to the forum

·
Registered
5,170 Posts
A nod back to you RE (good avatar), probably thought you'd never be on a FLT forum either.
we are keeping the sun to our backs today. Ferry flipping, outside seattle area. Welcome, hope to see @ the firepit. Reds....ride, eat,drink&smoke

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks guys! I'm hoping to have the new glide by middle of next week and be back on two wheels. This two weeks has been miserable, I didn't even take that much of a break this winter. Hope you all are out enjoying the wind for me!

RE

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.