Road Glide banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Looks like custom dynamics is coming out with something new for the road glide soon.

[/url]via Imgflip Meme Generator[/IMG]

In honor of #SharkWeek - COMING SOON!!! We have something very special for all the Shark Nose Fairings out there. Stay Tuned!!!#CustomDynamics #MotorcycleLEDs #MotorcycleLEDLights #LEDs #SharkNose #SharkNoseFairing #Fairing #HD #Harley #HarleyDavidson # HarleysOfInstagram #ComingSoon #Touring #RoadGlide #FLTRX #RoadGlideSpecial #FLTRXS #RoadGlideUltra #FLTRU #BeSeen #GetLit #sturgis2019 #rallyatexit55

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
I bought amber/white led adhesive strips for next to nothing on Ebay. I had to splice them in, and they're prolly not as zoomy, but they're also not stooopid $$

·
Administrator
12,485 Posts
I wouldn’t necessarily call it a rip off, unless you go after Ciro 3D for all the lighting products they make that are similar to some Custom Dynamics has had for years. Just their version, a lot of companies have products similar to each other, just with a different twist.

·
Registered
53 Posts
If that's the case, then Ciro3D's Horizon Windshield Trim is a ripoff of the Custom Dynamics Dynamic LED Windshield Trim. If coming out with a product later than one company is "ripping them off", then the case can be made that Ciro3D did it first. Both companies' products have a fair amount of differentiation, so they're not simply doing the "chinese copy" thing. Ciro3D's windshield trim has sequential amber turn signals and can integrate with a center trim piece. Custom Dynamics' headlight trim pieces incorporate the vent grills into their part, so a separate piece isn't required. Hell, they're called Dynamic LED Vent Inserts as opposed to "headlight bezels" as Ciro3D calls their "Fang" part.

Either way- I have my set ordered, primarily because the Ciro3D LEDs are too blue-tinted to match everything else on the front of my bike (CD windshield trim and ProBeam signal inserts, not to mention the Daymaker headlights). Actually, it's odd that the Fang Headlight Bezel for Road Glide IS so blue: I put one of the Fang headlight bezels on my Limited, and the LEDs in that part didn't have as much of a blue tint as the RG version. If the Ciro3D parts didn't have such a high color temp for the Road Glide parts, which creates the bluer light than CD's LED products, I wouldn't be making the swap.

Regardless, my Fangz, which have been on the bike for less than a month, will be up for sale soon! The Custom Dynamics part will be here Thursday!

Here's a shot of the Fang bezels at night: note that they're definitely "cooler" than the Daymaker and CD lights. Here are a couple pics of Ciro3D's Fang headlight bezels: one for the batwing, one on the sharknose. Note that while there is a slightly blue tint to the batwing bezel, it seems that the sharknose bezels are a higher color temp resulting in a lot more blue tint between the two types of their own trim.

Attachments

·
Registered
143 Posts
I saw the CD LED Vent Inserts at their booth at Sturgis yesterday. They are sweet and combining the vent screen with the light was a genius idea. I'll be adding them to the bike soon.

As for the discussion of ripping off ideas, I would suggest it's innovation, not a rip off. In fact the whole discussion could go way back...wasn't Indian the first American motorcycle, so under that logic the MoCo was built on a ripoff? I disagree. Ride safe.

·
Registered
502 Posts
If that's the case, then Ciro3D's Horizon Windshield Trim is a ripoff of the Custom Dynamics Dynamic LED Windshield Trim. If coming out with a product later than one company is "ripping them off", then the case can be made that Ciro3D did it first. Both companies' products have a fair amount of differentiation, so they're not simply doing the "chinese copy" thing. Ciro3D's windshield trim has sequential amber turn signals and can integrate with a center trim piece. Custom Dynamics' headlight trim pieces incorporate the vent grills into their part, so a separate piece isn't required. Hell, they're called Dynamic LED Vent Inserts as opposed to "headlight bezels" as Ciro3D calls their "Fang" part.

Either way- I have my set ordered, primarily because the Ciro3D LEDs are too blue-tinted to match everything else on the front of my bike (CD windshield trim and ProBeam signal inserts, not to mention the Daymaker headlights). Actually, it's odd that the Fang Headlight Bezel for Road Glide IS so blue: I put one of the Fang headlight bezels on my Limited, and the LEDs in that part didn't have as much of a blue tint as the RG version. If the Ciro3D parts didn't have such a high color temp for the Road Glide parts, which creates the bluer light than CD's LED products, I wouldn't be making the swap.

Regardless, my Fangz, which have been on the bike for less than a month, will be up for sale soon! The Custom Dynamics part will be here Thursday!

Here's a shot of the Fang bezels at night: note that they're definitely "cooler" than the Daymaker and CD lights. Here are a couple pics of Ciro3D's Fang headlight bezels: one for the batwing, one on the sharknose. Note that while there is a slightly blue tint to the batwing bezel, it seems that the sharknose bezels are a higher color temp resulting in a lot more blue tint between the two types of their own trim.
And the color of the Ciro stuff is exactly why I run CD on my bike. The white is more blue and their tailights are pink to me not a true red like CD. IMHO

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts