Road Glide banner

New CVO

5249 Views 98 Replies 33 Participants Last post by  Violeiro
2023 CVO Road Glide Limited 120th Anniversary Motorcycle | Harley-Davidson USA
I love the new CVO colors and the new anni badge is a lot better than new '23 badge

I still say however the MoCo missed their chance by making them 120 cubes off the floor specifically only to anni CVOs
Reactions: 1
1 - 17 of 99 Posts
2023 CVO Road Glide Limited 120th Anniversary Motorcycle | Harley-Davidson USA
I love the new CVO colors and the new anni badge is a lot better than new '23 badge

I still say however the MoCo missed their chance by making them 120 cubes off the floor specifically only to anni CVOs
Make all the CVOs a 131 and everything else a 117.
Reactions: 2
At that price, it's nothing more than a novelty bike. In 2-3 years, you'll start seeing these for sale with 40 miles on them once the original owners get bored and want to move on to something else for a new garage decoration. Sad thing is, they'll convince themselves that since it's an anniversary model, it's a collector's item and ask for more than what it costs new :LOL:
You are the exception to the rule when it comes to CVOs and mileage. I’ll bet 95% of CVO owners have the just to say they have them. And then there’s guys like you and OBB that want all that and ride the piss out of them.
With absolute respect....you're painting with a very broad brush here. I believe a solid number of people do give their legitimate personal reasons for not owning a CVO, versus "find anything they can" which conveys unreasonable negativity. As for "is not good enough", is that a judgment call, or have you actually witnessed people saying a CVO "is not good enough for them"?

I don't see this as a black or white thing. Certainly CVO owners (hopefully) love their bikes to death. And while certainly some non CVO owners may have a decidedly negative view of them, I think a solid majority of non CVO owners don't own one because a different bike simply holds more appeal for them. Desirability is definitely a personal thing, and doesn't need justified...only explained sometimes.

Thanks
Exactly Kevin.
I almost traded my 19’in on the 21 Blue Steel. But there’s too much I’d have to do to it. Even the salesman asked why the F would I do that. No mistake I can afford one. But with the amount of work I do to mine. The CVO to me in the end don’t compare to mine IMO. And that’s not a shot at the CVO. And that’s my personal preference.
Reactions: 4
Mine was especially difficult to make different. A blacked out Roadglide. Ya. That’s different. Lol. But when you walk up on it. You see right away. It’s not just another blacked out Roadglide. A lot of time was spent on the little details that set it apart. Some are common yes. But in the end. There’s really none like it. I had a guy with the same year bike park next to me and ask his wife why mine looks so much better. He said they’re the same. Why is his so much better looking. I pointed out. It’s the little things. Bolts. All mine are black.
Like I said. That dealer questioned my sanity when he seen my bike. The gas tank, and fairing is stock. As are the wheels. That’s it. I wouldn’t do that to a CVO.
Reactions: 5
Saturday went to my local dealer and your looking at $59,500. That amount does not include tax, title, licensing, registration fees, destination charge and dealer prep. They know thats a lot of cabbage, hell they still have a 2022 CVO on the floor almost 6 grand less, but someone will buy them. They think they will end up with two. They are going to let me know when the Road Glide 3 comes in so I can take it out for ride and see what I think so I'm looking forward to that.
I'm loving my 2020 more and more each day :)
MSRP is $51,999.00
Freight is $850.00
Surcharge is $1200.00
Total 🟰 $54,049.00

Depending on Tax in your state. You’re still not at $59k

That’s over MSRP pricing and that’s a scumbag move.

2 dealerships by me are MSRP dealers. What’s listed. Is what you pay. Any dealer that’s inflated the MSRP I’d walk right out of.
Reactions: 4
We are surrounded by them as most are part of a larger group and if one gets away with it (and they will) then many more will follow suit
@08Zinc traveled to my dealership. If I had to I'd travel too. They only get away with it because people allow it by paying the price.
100% Big Fella.......I know the allure of a CVO......it can truly expedite that "Gotta Have It Now" feeling..........and the REEEAL dumb ones sell it and then buy the same damn color (4) years later......what Morons
No I think you made out. That Gunship CVO is not special anymore. Tons of bikes that color now. I think you got lucky and got away from it. Just like the 115th Black and Blue Not special either. IMO when they released the CVO and ANN, colors to the standard line up They effected the exclusivity of owning them bikes

I would go without before I paid over MSRP. When I was talking to my guy, because I know they have been adding 1k to the STs (But anyone that commented they were not paying it, didn't) it came right off. He said that is a non issue with anyone that refuses to pay it and I would never see it.
I've got a sore arm from patting myself on the back for doing what we did in 2020. Well under msrp for the baseline RGL and less than CVO cost for the finished build. Add in a 2% apr and it almost feels like we got away with a crime.
Ya Kevin, your bike is a beauty for sure.
If I still remember how the business of buying still works If one is willing to pay the dealer mark up, set up and freight, all the Doc fees and taxes and the un thinkable should happen.The bike is stolen or totaled all you get is MSRP!
I had a HD sales guy I know tell me he had a guy buy a CVO Yellow tail. Paid 52 a few months later for what ever reason he sold the bike back to the dealer…. For 35k
I think we’re a matter of a few months before the auto industry goes upside down.Saw a report that stated auto auction purchases are down 40%. Get out the popcorn
It’s already started for sure. I bought a used truck last year at the height of the bubble. OTD I was at 45,500 on a 2019 Silverado (very loaded not a Z71) with 40k on it. The 2021 Z71 they lent me a few months back was 37,500 on the window and it only had 15k miles on it. So I’m upside down for a bit. Is what it is.
The only way to get ahead on this is to drive it. Dont look at another model.Pay it off as quick as your funds allow.Then drive it until the wheels fall off.And laugh at those that bought after you.
There is a guy in Cali who was looking at a Tesla he complained that the salesman was pressuring him so he cracked and signed.The next day Elon announced that he was lowering prices 20k !
Your doing just fine!
Yep I divide my payment up into 4 then make that payment weekly. I also round up. Even if it's only a few bucks. Months with 5 weeks gets me ahead and that fact my CU gave me 4.5% on a used vehicle. I'm ok. I can watch the balance lower. I'm keeping it. The wife did well with her XT5. I dont buy new vehicles. I will not take that loss. (Did this time) I buy 2 year old low mile lease cars.
4.5 from a CU is a win I checked mine last week and they are over 7% used some were 8 plus
Ya we did good, Her car is 4.125% So no matter what. We are keeping them until interest rates drop. She's a Hospice Nurse and We keep her in a newer car when she's doing the traveling thing. She has 40k on hers now when it hits 80 we will trade it.
I have a 2018 xt5 that’s paid off with 95k on the OD the msrp for a premium luxury in
cook co Illinois ( don’t start!) is 51999. Out the door taxes and misc charges out the door 62200! I smiled laughed and walked out
this was the second car I bought from this dealer.Until they sharpen their pencils I am going to drive it until one of the tires passes me on the road .Keep it !
The XT5 Is a nice car. I knew she'd like it but I didn't think I would. Hers is a 19 We got it with about 30 on it. With the trade was we're under 20 on the purchase so it's a simple payment. Funny story. I went to the HD dealership to buy the White and Black 2011 Deluxe they had that I was wanting because I wanted a Cholo. They sold it the night before. So, I was looking out the front of the dealership and there was the Caddilac dealer. I went over and test drove a few, found the one I knew she would love. (White Pearl) and called her and asked her if she wanted a new car? lol Well you know how that went. Told her grab the title and get in the MKX and come on down. lol This is such a better can than the Lincoln.
Well someone here loves it, the HD dealer here just sold the CVO/Anniversary road glide limited for $69K!!
LMAO, There's an ass for every seat. And I'll bet that bike has 500 miles on it in 2 years. Talk about a price gouge. What dealership is this so I never stop in there?
I’ve noticed that these ‘delivery fees’ are getting higher. I would say doubled over the past 3 years. You are right, though, it keeps the ‘MSRP’ (yes, in quotes!) lower. Personally, I ignore the MSRP and add in all the ‘fees’ and that is the true MSRP - these are manufacturer fees, after all.
When it now costs me $1000.00 to fuel up my truck when it was $400. You can expect to see delivery charges rise. As they should. And really, it's only been 2 and I'm sure ya know when that started.

Also the dealer gets reimbursed for that same set up fee they are charging you. They're double dipping.
Hospice people are amazing the one that took care of my uncle was sent from above.Giveher a hug for caring for those who really need care🙏🏻
Absolutely will. She's certainly a special woman. She says thank you.
It's easy to say this not being a billionaire but if I were, I still don't believe I would pay that out of principle. In general, it's frustrating hearing about people who will. Now in HD's mind they are like, "Welp, we know now people will pay it. Time to jack up the price of non-anniversary CVO's a little more".

In general, it's a nice bike. But that price without a 131, Ohlins suspension, and so on............I don't get it. Even paying $41k for my CVO felt a little embarrassing.
You rode the absolute fuck out of yours and barely changed a thing. I don't believe you bought it just to say you have a CVO. We all know that guy. I know 2 of them. lol
  • Haha
Reactions: 3
… the CVOs for 70k will end up on a boat to Dubai
If a dealer is found to allow a Straw Purchase go through on a CVO they risk losing the Franchise. My buddy has been turning away cash offers in CVOs for years he says. The latest was a woman offering 10k over MSRP. That was last year. I haven’t heard of any this year. He said there’s a few Red Flags the look for in the calls.
1 - 17 of 99 Posts