Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! I just recieved my new Cycle Sounds Lids and am about to get them painted, and while they are out, I was trying to figure out what speakers to go with... I will be using a PBR300x2 to power the 6x9's. Does anyone have an Idea of what would sound good in these saddlebags? I know sound is subjective to everyones ear, I just need a nudge in the right direction. I have 4 Polk audios in the front running off a PBR300x4, but I have heard that the Polk 6x9's come up a little lacking in the bass dept. What do you guys think?

·
Super Moderator
12,433 Posts
Is there a car stereo store close to you where they have a display where you can compare different speakers? Or you can also check online for different reviews, and check places like Crutchfield where they review and rate many different products.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is there a car stereo store close to you where they have a display where you can compare different speakers? Or you can also check online for different reviews, and check places like Crutchfield where they review and rate many different products.
Tried Best Buy, You can never find the mobile audio salesperson... SMH! I read a review on the internet, it was called "The Ultimate 6x9 ShootOut" The rated the Soundstream SST6.9 as the best for overall sound quality and value, and this was out of 23 dfferent brands including some higher end models!

·
Registered
4,838 Posts
Tried Best Buy, You can never find the mobile audio salesperson... SMH! I read a review on the internet, it was called "The Ultimate 6x9 ShootOut" The rated the Soundstream SST6.9 as the best for overall sound quality and value, and this was out of 23 dfferent brands including some higher end models!
We need a link to this. Sounds like a really good piece of reference material.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
How is the quality of the lids? are they going to require a lot if prep work? I'm thinking of getting a set.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
The quality is excellent! They shouldn't take hardly any prep work. As for the clearance they are pretty deep set and should be bolted from the bottom up, which should make it easier if I ever need to remove the speaker.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Don't know waht happened there... LOL! I responded, but it didnt post. The quality is awesome, they shouldn't take much prep work at all!

·
Registered
367 Posts
I'm running jl audio in mine and love them. The sound quality is awesome and they have been very reliable. I've got them wet plenty of times and they are still rocking.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm running jl audio in mine and love them. The sound quality is awesome and they have been very reliable. I've got them wet plenty of times and they are still rocking.
Well that's good to know! In Miami, you never know when you are gonna take a shower! LOL!

·
Super Moderator
12,433 Posts
Well that's good to know! In Miami, you never know when you are gonna take a shower! LOL!
I didn't know you were in Miami, you can go right up to the car stereo store on Hollywood Blvd between 441 and the turnpike, they have a pretty good selection, (at least they did the last time I was there). Or check out Hooters on bike nights, enough people there with stereos to give you an idea.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I didn't know you were in Miami, you can go right up to the car stereo store on Hollywood Blvd between 441 and the turnpike, they have a pretty good selection, (at least they did the last time I was there). Or check out Hooters on bike nights, enough people there with stereos to give you an idea.

Yup, I'm down here at the bottom! LOL! I used to go to bike nights all the time, until the job found out I was having too much fun, so they changed my schedule... I haven't been to a bike night in years!

·
Super Moderator
12,433 Posts
Yup, I'm down here at the bottom! LOL! I used to go to bike nights all the time, until the job found out I was having too much fun, so they changed my schedule... I haven't been to a bike night in years!
I go to Hooters maybe once every 3 months because I work on Wednesday night also. I really hate that they closed down the Betty Burger (old Fuddruckers ) in Kendall, that was nice to go to on Thursdays. Sunrise HD has a bike night the first Friday of every month, I'm going to miss it this week, going out of town, but hope to go in February.

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
I go to Hooters maybe once every 3 months because I work on Wednesday night also. I really hate that they closed down the Betty Burger (old Fuddruckers ) in Kendall, that was nice to go to on Thursdays. Sunrise HD has a bike night the first Friday of every month, I'm going to miss it this week, going out of town, but hope to go in February.

You S FL guys need to send me a list of the different activities down there. I arrive towards end of march. I remember that old fuddruckers from way back.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts