Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks to my parents, I grew up listening to and loving a lot of artists from their era. Johnny Cash being my all time favorite. I found these covers, American made by Venom Imaging. Great quality of workmanship and quick service! The images are crystal clear. If you're looking for something to set yourself apart from the others, check them out.

Attachments

· Registered
4,692 Posts
That's awesome. I had the privilege of Meeting Mr and Mrs Cash years ago in Norway. I'll try to make this a short as possible. I grew up in a small town in Norway and in the mid 80s Johnny Cash played there. How they got Him to play in this little town I couldn't say, but it was pretty cool. After the concert there was a dinner held for Johnny Cash, his band & his daughters at a local Hotel.
My friends and I got in because the local country artist that opened up for him was our friend and music teacher. We were so young and didn't realize how cool it was at the time. The best part was afterwards when Johnny asked a couple of us if we could help carry some of their luggage out to their bus . He was joking around with us and making fun of his wife June for packing so much stuff, 8 huge suit cases that were stuffed I'll never forget . They all were just so friendly and nice to us.
Johnny Cash was the coolest!

· Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That's awesome! If there is one concert I wish I could have caught in my lifetime, it is a Johnny Cash concert. I've read his books, own dozens of his albums and own albums to most anyone he's been associated with. He was definitely one of a kind.

· Registered
196 Posts
Those are really awesome. Going to have to check them out and see what else they offer.

· Registered
4,692 Posts
Brew, I've met lots of celebs over the years & I don't put anyone on a pedestal but Johnny Cash was special and the only worth mentioning. I just wish I was a little older at the time, but I think he thought it was cool to have such young fans. Like you I grew up listening to artists like Cash & George Jones , it's what my dad listened to. I regret not going to see Geroge Jones. I've seen a few other great concerts of artists I grew up listening to , I also saw Freddy Fender back in the days in Norway. I recently went to a Don Williams concert which was one of Dads favorites, I think my girlfriend and I were the only ones there without walkers and oxygen tanks LOL. My iPod mixes are interesting as I enjoy all kinds of music including Metal. One minute I'm blasting Pantera and the next could be Johnny Cash or Waylon Jennings :)

· Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Those are really awesome. Going to have to check them out and see what else they offer.
I'll tell you, it's a photo finish. I'm quite surprised that I haven't found anyone else doing this sort of thing.

Harley doesn't offer black fasteners, so I had to paint mine. Looks a little cleaner now.

Attachments

· Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nordic, my music tastes are very eclectic too. Country, metal, some old school rap, folk, blues. I can never seem to find an iPod big enough. Lol

Truthfully, after reading Cash's autobiography, I don't think people put him on a pedestal. I think most of us see a normal person who we can relate to quite well, who was just very well known, but was always a very real person.

I'm still waiting for Fogerty to tour one last time. I'll definitely catch him when I can. I also want to see The Eagles before they call it quits for good.

· Gone But Not Forgotten
3,967 Posts
....... photo trivia question
..... where was that 'middle finger salute' photo taken ?

pps: i'm not sure those covers would look quite as good on anything but a black bike, if ya know.whatta.mean

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.