Road Glide banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here's the Shutterfly Album from July of last year's big trip:
https://tlwiz.shutterfly.com/10722
We headed out of Kentucky East through Maryland and Delaware and up the coast, bypassing NYC, up through Maine, crossing into Canada from Lubec ME (Easternmost point in the US) at Campobello Island on up through New Brunswick and Nova Scotia. We did the Cabot Trail around the Cape Breton Peninsula and then got on a large ferry and crossed over to Chanel-Port aux Basques and rode up the northwest coast of Newfoundland with a very cool stop at Western Brook Pond (it is not a pond!) in the Gros Morne National Park.
We rode up to Sainte Barbe and took the ferry across the Labrador Straits over to West St Modeste Labrador. We came back across to Newfoundland and worked our way down to St. Johns (Easternmost point in North America) with an interesting stop at Dildo. After some time visiting in St. John's we took the overnight ferry back from Placentia (through some driving rains and 40°F temps) to Nova Scotia where it was sunny and 70°F.
We came back by taking the ferry to Prince Edward Island and then going back on the huge Confederation Bridge over the Northumberland Strait. Yeah, we logged a lot of sea miles on this ride. Up to Hartland N.B. and over the worlds longest covered bridge. North from there up into Quebec and down the St. Lawrence to Quebec City for a great visit. Then back south through New Hampshire and Vermont, NY, PA, OH and back home. About 6600 miles on that ride and we had an epic time.
This summer's ride will color in NV, CA and OR on my bike touring map!

·
Super Moderator
1,775 Posts
Jealous,

Beautiful trip. Love the photos of Newfoundland and Labrador, only province that I have never been too. Your photos and this trip inspire to advance that trip closer to the top of the bucket list.

Calgaryglide

·
Registered
269 Posts
How was the ferry over to Chanel-Port aux Basques? Did you need a reservation well in advance? I'm looking at doing a similar trip to try and make it out to St. Pierre and Miquelon.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Awesome trip / vacation .... jealous as hell...pics are fantastic.
We visit Lubec and Campabello Island every summer....
Both Quoddy Head Lighthouses, West in Lubec and East on Campabello Island offer spectacular views....These places are just a day ride for us, with lunch on Campabello Island.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts