Road Glide banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2009 cvo roadglide. I purchased some true duals from a 2016 roadglide but the o2 sensor holes are smaller than than my old ones. Do they make a adapter or do I need to get a 2016 o2 sensor plug?

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
The sensors on an 09 are larger and in a different location than later models. I had aftermarket headers on my 09. I don't know if they are hard to find now, or not.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The sensors on an 09 are larger and in a different location than later models. I had aftermarket headers on my 09. I don't know if they are hard to find now, or not.
Its Vance and Hines true duals that I got. Just dont know of I should drill and tap the hole for the o2 sensors I have or find some type of adaptor

·
Registered
5,385 Posts
I just put V&H Power Duels on my 18 and they came with adapters... So there available...

·
Registered
575 Posts
Adapters

They make adapters to fit the 12mm sensors into the 18mm bungs but I don't think you'll find an adapter that can put an 18mm sensor into a 12mm bung.

·
Registered
215 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Those would be absolutely useless. The sensor would not even be in the exhaust pipe.
To the OP, your best bet is to either find someone that can drill into your pipe and weld the 18mm bungs in place and plug the 12mm ones or simply find another pipe that already has the bigger bungs for your year model.

Reactions: wevsspot

·
Registered
215 Posts
Those would be absolutely useless. The sensor would not even be in the exhaust pipe.
To the OP, your best bet is to either find someone that can drill into your pipe and weld the 18mm bungs in place and plug the 12mm ones or simply find another pipe that already has the bigger bungs for your year model.
Yes I agree...They shouldn't even sell those.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Yes, the best way would be to install the proper bungs in the proper locations as the locations and wires on the 09 are different, and locations will affect tuning...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts