Road Glide banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at the local dealer and noticed the finish/coating on a header/heat shield(?) on a v-rod. my question, does anyone know the process used to achieve the look? i know useless without a pic, but let me describe -
it appeared to be a very light texture under the metal/silvery color, not like brushed aluminum, but more like what a silver spray paint would look like with a hint of texture. also a factory process.

the reason i ask is, i have all my takeoff parts lying around and i am looking to get that old exile cycle aluminum finish, i know about the scotchbrite technique and i am pretty sure i will screw that up…i would like to do my heat shields and headers/muffs if possible and a variety of pieces that are currently chrome.
i have a friend in the powder/anodizing biz and since he is very generous with the labor, i want to find the answers myself.

thanks

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sort of

i plan on hitting the local jet hot/ceramic guy for my Nova headers, but not sure if that is the finish that i want…i was thinking of the guy in CT, may not be near you but, my auto headers are on the list this winter…it is close, i would need to see it in person.

·
Registered
7,215 Posts
i plan on hitting the local jet hot/ceramic guy for my Nova headers, but not sure if that is the finish that i want…i was thinking of the guy in CT, may not be near you but, my auto headers are on the list this winter…it is close, i would need to see it in person.
Which guy in CT are you planning on using? If you dont mind me asking

1 - 6 of 6 Posts