Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Today I installed a Freedom 13" sport tour windshield dark tint. It is a huge difference over stock. I highly recommend it! I was worried it wouldn't be tall enough since I'm 6-4" but I am trying to balance looks and function and Freedom knocked it out of the park. Fits the look of the bike perfect and amazingly I can hear the radio much better. The quality is top notch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Looks nice!

Anything is better than the stock one lol. Heard lots of good things about Freedom Shields. Going to stick with my LRS though. Curious on how a taller windsplitter would be though.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Looks nice!

Anything is better than the stock one lol. Heard lots of good things about Freedom Shields. Going to stick with my LRS though. Curious on how a taller windsplitter would be though.
I tried the Windsplitter on my 2016 (demo shield)... It caused more turbulence than stock and the tip vibrated at lower rpm's.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I recently installed the 11" sport touring shield with the medium tint. I'm only 5'9" so I didn't want anything taller. I was initially back and forth between the 11" and 12" but I feel I made the right choice. No buffeting and the top lip of the shield is at chin level which is what I prefer as we all know we slouch when riding for longer than 5 minutes so tip of the nose shield height often times turns into eye level and that's annoying. I can also hear my radio much better but an upgrade to a compete ARC system is in the works later this year.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Nice looking Bike Byoung330!
I have the 14" FS Sport Touring med tint on mine.
But I am 6' 6" as well...

Attachments

·
Registered
518 Posts
I recently installed the 11" sport touring shield with the medium tint. I'm only 5'9" so I didn't want anything taller. I was initially back and forth between the 11" and 12" but I feel I made the right choice. No buffeting and the top lip of the shield is at chin level which is what I prefer as we all know we slouch when riding for longer than 5 minutes so tip of the nose shield height often times turns into eye level and that's annoying. I can also hear my radio much better but an upgrade to a compete ARC system is in the works later this year.
Yep, I am 5'9" and the 11" Freedom touring works perfect for me. Great product!

·
Registered
132 Posts
Congrats - it looks great! I also have a FS shield, and couldn't be happier. Great quality product, great fit and great service.

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
I just got one too! fit and finish is second to none perfect height and clarity, cant wait to try it on the highway, def the nicest shield i have owned. I also attest the HD windsplitter was a piece of crap, horrible buffeting and scratched very easily.:smile:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just installed Magnaflow Top Gun exhaust it is for sure a sweet bike!

·
Registered
33 Posts
I just put on my 16" med tint FS, too. I can finally wear my half helmet without tears streaming down my face at highway speeds lol.

it was kind of a bitch to install though! had issues with the outer fairing getting out of alignment with the inner fairing bolt well every time i tried to press the windshield into place. the curvature of the shield wasn't an exact fit. It curved a bit more than the curve of the mounting lip, so i had to really muscle it into place. I cursed up a storm lol.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
3rd RG, 2nd Freedom Shield. I'm 6'5" and went with a 15" on my '16 RGU.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I just installed my freedom shield, and it looks good even with the protective wrap on it. I have yet to ride it as the weather here is nasty at the moment. I am 5' 10" and John recommended a 13" for me and it sits right at the tip of my nose. I see you guys 6'4" and 5'9" using an 11"! I hope mine is not to tall as I would hate to wait 2-3 weeks to get another one.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I got mine shorter since I wear a full face and wanted to balance looks and function. None of my other bikes have windshields either so the 13 Is way better than anything else I have. You will be fine with the 13. You will love it.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
I just installed my freedom shield, and it looks good even with the protective wrap on it. I have yet to ride it as the weather here is nasty at the moment. I am 5' 10" and John recommended a 13" for me and it sits right at the tip of my nose. I see you guys 6'4" and 5'9" using an 11"! I hope mine is not to tall as I would hate to wait 2-3 weeks to get another one.
I'm a short 6' and run a 13" Freedom. I look way over it on my Mustang seat. Wind management is great and it looks good too IMHO. That shield oughta be perfect for you. I was gonna order a 14" but John talked me into a 13". He knows his stuff.

·
Registered
38 Posts
13" Freedom Shield

I was able to take the Glide out for a quick ride to see how I like my new 13" Freedom Shield, and I have to say it is an amazing improvement over my other shield. No more making my head vibrate and my eyes bug out over 50. Looks great and I am very pleased with it. I would recommend Freedom Shield to anyone who is looking for a great product at a good price. John is also great to deal with!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts