Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While in Daytona I stopped off at the J&M trailer and looky what I saw:

That's right 7.25's in lower fairing pods. I talked to one of their guys and he said they hope to have them out by April. I asked about pricing and was told about $400. I figure that is for the speakers and the pods. I don't know what size amp they had it hooked up to, but they did rock!! I asked about ohm and was told 2 ohm, I did neglect to ask about wattage, both RMS and Peak, so I don't know that. But they did look pretty good.

·
Registered
8,225 Posts
Thats their "Rokker" bike with the 500watt 4 channel amp hooked up with 4 7.25s installed. To bad you didn't ask how much they are looking to get for the amp,.. thats what Im really looking forward to, but afraid what the price may be.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I can't wait to see them and possibly get some myself. I need something to rock my world.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thats their "Rokker" bike with the 500watt 4 channel amp hooked up with 4 7.25s installed. To bad you didn't ask how much they are looking to get for the amp,.. thats what Im really looking forward to, but afraid what the price may be.
Sorry Chain, my bad on that. To be honest I really didn't think about the amp, and I forgot that you were wanting it (kinda figured that you already had a ballpark price)

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Maybe someone who is there is Daytona can ask about the Amp. If your looking for J&M they are at Destination Harley.

Chain,
If you could provide the questions you want answered?

·
Registered
659 Posts
I'll be up there again this week try and check it out...

·
Registered
1,851 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Site says $740, but J&M site is always higher then there retailers so they can sell. Too new for any discounts yet.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Is that the same system on the SE Street Glide?
Nope its not. I have/had the speakers for the CVO SG (did a write up on them--they sound bad ass!), but I took them out. Somehow, Harley has managed to run 1 ohm speakers in what should be a 2 ohm system. The amp is Harley (well, whoever makes them for Harley), and the CVO SG has it own wiring harness for the stuff under the fairing. I never went the wiring harness route cause them things is expensive!! Saw this set-up from J&M and thought I would share it with my brethren

Here's the link to my other write-up: http://www.roadglide.org/showthread.php?t=5109

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Hey Chain, send Bluzman59 a pm, he's still down at Daytona, not sure when he's heading out, but he might check on pricing for ya!

·
Registered
8,225 Posts
Not for the RG, but this should give you an idea. ($740 MSRP) Ouch!

http://www.jmcorp.com/ProductDetail.asp?ProductID=JAMP-500HC06-UL&PF=45
Hey Chain, send Bluzman59 a pm, he's still down at Daytona, not sure when he's heading out, but he might check on pricing for ya!
I think HD_Shock found what I was looking for on their site. $740 MSRP, yeah thats pretty high. But consider this,.. their 250w amp is MSRP $425 but you can get them for $350, or at least thats what I paid for mine from Dr V Twin a while back. So Im guessing they will be selling for around $650 to $675. More $ then I was hoping, and something that can wait for a while.

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
the J&M 2 channel amp is now $325, if it was $200, I'd already own one

the arc and elf are the same thing inside, parts to parts, at least look very similar, according to hd forum pics and write up

personally favoring the hawg wired 2 ch amp at $399, more USA build, better caps, either way plug in play is nice with the oem connectors, etc

having had several 4x4 cabs, guitar amps, and stuff, the way you wire your speakers determines the ohm load, have also blown up plenty of amps, so I know this all to be true

another note, mixing of different speakers with different ohm loads to start with can have varying effects, best to parity match or timber match whatever you end up using.

a 2 ohm stable amp will work most efficiently at 4 ohm, you see the blurb on the J&M website about 70 watts rms per channel at 4 ohm...

DO THIS:
a pair ( two speakers on each channel ) of 2 ohm speakers (J&M 7.25's) can be wired to 4ohms by wiring them in SERIES wire between the two speakers + to - then pull + from one and - from the other

DON'T DO THIS:
run those same 2 sets of speakers in PARALLEL + to + and - to - all the way around and it will cut the ohm load in half, create an unstable environment for your amp and eventually fry it. a 2ohm amp runs cooler at 4 ohm, and will fry at 1ohm, might work for a few days and sound great, but then nothing

HOOKING UP EVERYTHING + to + and - to - like an electrician would is why amps FRY

if you already have the 2 channel amp and speaker pods for your lowers, you could run the extra speaker wire for a whole lot less than the new amp.

until the scratch comes thru or the price comes down.

honstly this stuff all scares me, but it's so much fun to try

http://www.avatarspeakers.com/wiring diagrams.htm

·
Registered
43 Posts
Mods...forgive me for posting the name of another site.
BUT...
On HDForums.com...John AKA JMJohn has stated that their 250w amp is the same as the ARC KS125.2 Mini amp...made by the same 3rd world child labor...using J&M's cover.
I venture to say...J&M's 500w amp is the same as the ARC KS125.4 Mini, too.
That amp retails at $519 directly from ARC.

I picked up my ARC KS125.2 BX Mini from an ARC dealer on the HDForums site, with the ARC wiring harness...for $270, shipped.
The BX version is supposed to provide a bit more bass and has an internal fan.
It retails $40 dollars higher than the standard KS125.2 Mini.

If anyone wants this guys info, shoot me a PM.

Also, the 7.25" speakers used in the J&M "Rokker" bike are different than the 7.25" speakers they originally came out with.

·
Registered
8,225 Posts
I venture to say...J&M's 500w amp is the same as the ARC KS125.4 Mini, too.
That amp retails at $519 directly from ARC.
Is the ARC KS125.4 a 500 watt amp like the J&M? Im looking for more power then the 250 J&M Im running now, and don't want to break the bank. Bad thing about J&Ms 500 watter, no Road Glide model for now.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Is the ARC KS125.4 a 500 watt amp like the J&M? Im looking for more power then the 250 J&M Im running now, and don't want to break the bank. Bad thing about J&Ms 500 watter, no Road Glide model for now.
Chain, The KS125.4 is a 4 channel, 125watts rms per channel at 2ohms.... so yes its a 500 watt rms amp. peak power is way more but that figure is always useless to me... RMS power is what it runs all the time.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Yes, the 125.4 is a 500w amp.
When you say "RG model"...that only means the mounting system.
The amp will be the same as the batwing with mounts made for the RG.
I don't think that'd be too hard to figure out.

Here's the specs on the ARC 125.4 amp.....
http://www.arcaudio.com/productdescription_pages/amplifiers/ks-series/ks-125.4.asp

·
Registered
8,225 Posts
For the price difference, Im looking hard at the ARC now. Thanks for the info!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts