Road Glide banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up my 2015 superior blue (gorgeous in the sun) RG special yesterday. I reluctantly traded in my 2014 Night rod. Though I will have pick up another some day. Current needs have out weighed the awesomeness of the bike. The revo engine is the best thing Harley makes. Put the revo in a touring chassis somehow and I will be selling one of my kidneys to get ones.

Had tested electras in various configurations and really don't like the pre 09 chassis change. So started looking possible at used 09+ touring bikes. Had settled on really nice classic for a good price, until my dealer had my take a '15 RG for a spin after my test ride. The handling/steering is just so much sweeter with the shark nose vs the batwing.

Anyhow, looking for way to digging into all things Harley touring. So far that site seems to be full of good info. I know overall the VROD community was quite helpful, and hoping this one is the same. So far I am quite happy with the bike. I know I can get some more oomph from the 103 later on to help compensate a little bit with the loss of the vrod power. Plus now that added benefit of 2 up distance riding and cargo space.

I know there is probably lots of thread about it, and I will be searching as soon as I hit submit new thread, but are there any changes for the tourpak or back rest mounting? As in any quick detach backrest will fit on anything 09 and up? Or did rushmore change the size of the mounting and have to get something 14+ specific? Dealer already installed the 4 point hardware on all of their SG/RG's, so it's just looking for a backrest etc.

Looking forward to digging in to all things RG. Now to start taking it apart so I know how it works and where everything is at. I know every inch of the vrod and every possible aftermarket option. Time to study the touring line.

Sean

·
Super Moderator
13,531 Posts
Welcome from Florida. You will find a lot of good information and friendly people here. The mounting hardware on your bike is good for 09 to present.

·
Registered
8,386 Posts
Congrats on your bike and welcome to the forum

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Congrats on your new ride and welcome from Fort Mill, SC.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Welcome to the best place to be a Road Glide owner!

~ Where the mods go on forever and the spending never ends !! ~ :D

Lucky D - Arlington Texas

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.