Road Glide banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got all the pieces together to complete the front end transformation after my Hogpro wheels.

Got Chrome lowers at a great price on here, PM chrome cowbells, and most importantly Ohlins FKC101 fork cartridges with 1" lowering (should complement the Ohlin's rears nicely). Will post before and after pic's when she's done. Hopefully before heading to OC MD bike fest next week.

·
Registered
42 Posts
You might as well add the CCE new triple tree top brace. Once you have it apart, this will be the time.

It is about $850 depending on how the new inners fit the tree. It is the difference in the 2014-2015s handling. This new piece is even better, lighter and stronger than the new 2014s though.

Read about it on the forums...

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here are the after pic's. As an added bonus, the box with my new Mean Mug was on the front step when I got home!

New Ohlin's suspension all around, rides like a dream.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,189 Posts
Nicely done, your ride looks awesome.

Rowdy

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Rowdy!

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
Looking good. The Merc fork tins give it a little more detail than plain smooth chrome ones and look really nice with out Titan wheels as well.

How do you like the Ohlins cartridges and what were you running before?

Drew

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looking good. The Merc fork tins give it a little more detail than plain smooth chrome ones and look really nice with out Titan wheels as well.

How do you like the Ohlins cartridges and what were you running before?

Drew
Hi Drew, yea, I thought the Merc's were nice, not too much, but much better than the stock chrome one's I had.

For the cartridges, I had the stock suspension, so it's a dramatic improvement. Haven't put a lot of miles on yet, but the 25 or so miles so far, over familiar roads with very familiar bumps has shown me these are great.

I'd compare the handing to a luxury sport sedan. They are fairly stiff so they handle great, while also absorbing the bumps. So not as stiff as a full blown sports car. I also ordered the Ohlins with the 1" lowering spring to bring it back to what I lost when I added the 19" Titan.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Looks great! My chrome lowers arrived that quickly? Excellent!! What Ohlins do you have on the rear?

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Looks great! My chrome lowers arrived that quickly? Excellent!! What Ohlins do you have on the rear?
No, those weren't your lowers. I got mine off here a couple of months ago. My buddy has a Street Glide and saw mine so I told him I'd keep an eye out for them for him.

I have the HD159's on the rear. I put them on a few weeks ago, and they made a big difference over stock. The OL keeps bracing for bumps that don't come.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Loking good! How about adding some caliper covers next? Or if you can swing it....chrome calipers! Chrome lowers is next on my list.

Chuck

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks Chuck for costing me more money. I Hadn't thought of the calipers yet.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 11 of 11 Posts