Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Not to beat a dead horse but, I'm looking for input in regards to the best windshield that offers looks as well as performance. I am not looking for a windshield to block all the wind ( what would be the point in riding), but I am looking for one that will limit the buffeting and allow me to hear the stereo easier at highway speeds and still keep the chopped look. Is this even possible?

·
Registered
6,462 Posts
Welcome from Maryland. The short Madstad is probably your best bet if you want to keep it small, but it's looks are something only a mother can love IMO. I'm pretty happy with my LRS Mako, but it's not a mini shield. You might want to look into the baggershield. It's short but you can make it tall on the fly when your on the superslab.

·
Registered
7,849 Posts
Welcome to the forum, you might want to check the WindShield discussion listed on the home page to get some good info.

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
Welcome from FL! Get the 11" Dark tint Madstad if you still want airflow. The 13" if you ride with a passenger. Looks better on the bike than you might think and great airflow. It is truly the best of the best. You would have to go with at least a 14" Windvest or any similar type shield to even come close to the 11" MS performance and it would still come up short. I've tried most of them and wasted a lot of money before giving in to the MS.

The one thing I like best about the MS is that since it is adjustable, you can get as much or as little airflow that you want from ride to ride. If it is cold and you still want to were a half helmet you can raise it up an adjust the angle to get the least amount of air. If it is hot just lower it and angle it back and you have smooth air. Simple as that...

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
Klockworks makes a very good shield for the RG. Looks great and works very well, depending on your height. I have a 12" Flare that I run sometimes around town. I wish I could run it all the time, but its too much wind on the highway, so I have a 14.5" Madstad for that.

·
Registered
6,146 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Cee Baileys TRSSC Dome 15 here.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts