Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a pair of 12 inch handlebars from spooky fast, I went to the Harley service at the dealer to view the installation and I must say they look good. I wanted yaffes at first but I made the right decision by going with the spooks they look sweet.

·
Registered
208 Posts
pics??

·
Registered
196 Posts
Definitely would like to see a pic of them.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I have seen them on the 2015 RG at the dealer as well and will get them soon. That said, I will not give the dealer $800.00 for installation. Ain't gonna happen. Spooky fast initially had the chrome bars for sale for $50.00 less than the current price at $529.00. That kind of chaps my a$$ a little. The website for Spooky Fast is:

http://shop.spookyfast.com/products/spooky-fast-2015-roadglide-handlebars

The pictures look like the handle bars are pretty tall, but the 12 inch bars on the bike at the dealer are a good fit and don't look out of proportion with the bike. They offer 10 or 12 inch bars. The tech at the dealer, that did the install, said he didn't need the extended wire kit for the 12 inch bars but since it was his first install he used the extended wire kit for the throttle by wire just to be safe. I haven't checked back with the tech lately to see if he is foregoing the extension kit. I've seen about four other bikes at Rawhide in Olathe, KS and they look nice. Spooky Fast also indicates that the 12 inch bars can be installed with the existing wires, no modifications needed.

Attachments

·
Registered
491 Posts
Gotta love it when the cost of labor outweighs the cost of the parts. My independent shop that I use is getting a little out of hand with their labor rates too. I feel like I'm at the stealer when I ask them for a price on something anymore.

·
Registered
548 Posts
I have the 12" Spooky Fast on my 15 RGS, super comfortable for me, I like the looks better than some of the others, and no waiting for delivery, had them in a couple days. Needed an extended wire kit for the throttle (not expensive), stock hydraulic lines fit. I'd find another dealer, $800.00 is waaay out of line. Local dealer says $230.00 for installation.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I have the 12" Spooky Fast on my 15 RGS, super comfortable for me, I like the looks better than some of the others, and no waiting for delivery, had them in a couple days. Needed an extended wire kit for the throttle (not expensive), stock hydraulic lines fit. I'd find another dealer, $800.00 is waaay out of line. Local dealer says $230.00 for installation.
I ordered the SF 12" bars on Thursday afternoon and on Friday morning I received a notice in my e-mail that they had been shipped. I'd say they have been hard at work making handlebars. They must have an optimistic view of future sales. I'm happy.

Also, I wonder why the dealers are opting to install the extension kit when S.F. says it's not required?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts