Road Glide banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my new 12" outlawz today for christmas. I am going to install them this weekend. Should I rush me a set of poly bushings to install when I do them?

·
Registered
490 Posts
handlebar clamp too ?

Just got my new 12" outlawz today for christmas. I am going to install them this weekend. Should I rush me a set of poly bushings to install when I do them?
I plan to install new bushings when I switch out bars in Feb, but I have also been told that origional riser clamps should be replaced with a one piece unit. Can anybody confirm these 2 items for us ?

Merry Christmas
Peace

·
Registered
7,215 Posts
Everyone recommends you do poly riser bushing with taller bars. Also you will need to change out the riser clamps with the one piece clamp. Taller bars mean more leverage so youll want to secure them to the risers as best you can. You really dont want the bars moving around while youre riding

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
Everyone recommends you do poly riser bushing with taller bars. Also you will need to change out the riser clamps with the one piece clamp. Taller bars mean more leverage so youll want to secure them to the risers as best you can. You really dont want the bars moving around while youre riding
Rlaf75 is right with the Pollis but I have the 12 inch outlaws and those suckers don't move and I do not have the Pollis. All your choice. I don't think their a must have if you have 12" or under. The clamp def needs to be changed though. I think 2010 and up was the first year they went to the single piece

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
2008 and newer bikes come from the factory with the one piece clamp.
when i initially installed installed my 14" apes, i used the stock bushings and the handlebars got very mushy after a few thousand miles. i went with screamin eagle poly bushings and couldnt be happier!

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Registered
636 Posts
The la chopper clamp states for 08 and newer. Has anyone used them on an 03 and can someone tell me the difference.
I'm guessing on spacing or the nacelle cover is a little more roomy on the newer ones with a single top clamp.
I'm even thinking of using a one piece and drill and tap some set screws like the have. Thanks in advance

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 9 of 9 Posts