Road Glide banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will a newer HK head unit fit in an '02 RG without mods and everything work (hand controls etc.)?

·
Registered
672 Posts
I dont think the RGs had the same problem the Batwings did as far as mounting depth of the radio, hence why the old radios stuck out on thw older batwings. So itll fit.

As far as everything working, that may be a whole other ball game. Not sure if they changed pinning on the radio plugs or not or if theyve been the same since 98 like most everything else on these.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
According to HD it will not fit I need to go aftermarket but I know there are people smarter than the stealer on here.

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
Biketronics has the cheapest install for these bike. They can be had for $50-$70.
V-twin audio has the nicest install kit imo. They were on sale a few weeks ago. Go aftermarket, you'll be happy you did.

·
Registered
198 Posts
According to HD it will not fit I need to go aftermarket but I know there are people smarter than the stealer on here.
yeah as long as they can push you twords something new they are going to say it won't work.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Yes it will fit. I had a HK in my 2001FLTRSEI2.
Just took out the cassette player and installed the HK.
I never used the CD player in the tour pack so I don't know if that part works
with the HK?

I have two sitting at home, I went aftermarket in my 13RGC.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Yes it will fit. I had a HK in my 2001FLTRSEI2.
Just took out the cassette player and installed the HK.
I never used the CD player in the tour pack so I don't know if that part works
with the HK?

I have two sitting at home, I went aftermarket in my 13RGC.
Festus, was there any rewiring needed ? Did all the switches on the handlebars work correctly?

LoneEagle

·
Registered
137 Posts
If it's a brand new radio, it will have to be hooked up to a 2006 or new to initialize. Once that is done, it should work just fine. The wiring is identical. Unless you have the CB/Intercom unit. Those are not plug and play.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts