Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
I have the Alpine CDE-149BT and so far it has been great, I used the Hawg Wired install kit with the controller so the handlebar controls still work. If you check around you can usually pick one up for around $350.00 I even sold my factory HK on flee-bay and got $325.oo it.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Subscribed. Interested to see the recommendations as I am in the same boat of needing (wanting) a good head unit with Bluetooth.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Kenwood KDC-x897

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Just installed the KDC-X997 and it is amazing! all hand controls work (need to also get adapter) and display colors are adjustable to perfectly match and also see in all conditions. Has ever foreseeable option you can imagine and sound has to be heard to believe how much better than stock it is..

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
I went with

• Pioneer MVH-X560BT
  • PAC-SWI-RC
  • Scosche instal kit
Two issues, first, my job has kept me out of town so I have no been able to finish up. Second, my Hogtunes 40.4 amp hasn't been what it should be.

I just need a few hours. My thread on the install is at here.
Do you have a protective shield for the radio?

What are you using to control the radio from the hand controls?

Can the lettering be seen in the sun?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Is anybody using a marine head unit ... I ride in all weather and having a regular head unit concerns me .. Anybody and any suggestions ???
I will be doing at least head unit and front 2. Speakers with small amp

·
Registered
941 Posts
Do you have a protective shield for the radio?
No. Not yet. I have an idea how to make a very simple shield for a few cents. More later as install progresses.

What are you using to control the radio from the hand controls?
Scosche HD7000B Factory Integration Adapter for Harley-Davidson
Fits select 2006-up Street Glide and 1998-up Road Glide models (single-DIN)
Paid 1/2 MSRP with purchase of head unit from
Here

Can the lettering be seen in the sun?
I have not had it beyond my garage and driveway. So no real world riding experience. My impression is that brightness will not be a problem as color and brightness are both controllable.

·
Registered
7,287 Posts
Just installed the KDC-X997 and it is amazing! all hand controls work (need to also get adapter) and display colors are adjustable to perfectly match and also see in all conditions. Has ever foreseeable option you can imagine and sound has to be heard to believe how much better than stock it is..
A lot of people over look this model. It does have every option available intergrated.

·
Registered
1,756 Posts

I just looked up this stereo. Looks good. Awesome features.

·
Registered
336 Posts
I have the Pioneer DEH-X8600BH. Excellent HeadUnit with great features-Blutooth, HD Radio, FlashDrive capable all kinds of EQ settings, Crossover settings and 4Volt Pre-out just to name a few. All it cost me was $140 delivered..No Complaints here. Second pic is with the Biketronics Splash Cover.

Attachments

·
Registered
173 Posts

Was planning on installing this Kenwood unit. What adapter are you referring to ? Something besides the hand control module ?

·
Registered
304 Posts
Your gonna love that unit! Really is amazing. Im sure the others are just as good but I never thought the head unit would really make that big of a difference and have been amazed how it now sounds.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts