·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Looks like I will be the first. Bought them today. Pictures of install to follow.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here they are. Install wasn’t bad. Fishing the wires sucks as always. What made it the worst was that the male Heated Handgrip Power Connector didn’t fit the female power tap from the grips. Ended up clipping the connector from the wiring harness and soldering on the end of the power tap adaptor so that it could plug in. Heat is good at test. Going for a ride tonight to test.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
I put the unheated Kahuna on. Don't have much time on them but they are a little thicker than the Getagrip I am most familiar with. They are proud of them. Almost went heated, but sort of overkill with heated gear too, especially for $250+. I think they are a good look and will work fine in my medium sized glove.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I put the unheated Kahuna on. Don't have much time on them but they are a little thicker than the Getagrip I am most familiar with. They are proud of them. Almost went heated, but sort of overkill with heated gear too, especially for $250+. I think they are a good look and will work fine in my medium sized glove.
Kind of funny. Get a Grip is what I replaced as well. Even without the heat on they are good grips.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
How long did it take to install them? The local stealership quoted me $300 for labor to install
i've been making it a habit to stop in at the local dealers anytime i'm in the area(s).
i always ask service writers what it would cost to install or fix something and chuckle at their answers.
i don't know how they can have such thick skins.
they make up shit on the spot to stump me i guess.
i guess if you lie enough times you start to believe it.

i've had much better luck with the sales associates or management.

local parts guys won't even discount for hog membership and that really sucks.

·
Registered
969 Posts
I like the look of those new Airflow heated grips! It's weird that you had installation/connection issues. Let us know how they end up working for you.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The install wasn't bad, fishing the wires were a PITA. Except for that it would have been a 5 minute job had the plugs worked out. With the plugs being wrong soldering in the new connection took a bit because I was soldering inside the gauge cluster. I think the install generally should be an hours labor. Some will be longer others will be shorter. The joint in the picture was the big problem.
How long did it take to install them? The local stealership quoted me $300 for labor to install

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I think they are comfy. They are pretty firm but not gummy like the stock bars. They are good with or without gloves. Stock grips were not.
Are the comfy? Any “Cush” to them?
Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
Kahuna heated grip problem

I installed on my 2018 CVO RG. No adjustment of heat setting. Doesn't matter if on low or high setting, same amount of heat, very little. Been riding in 40-50 deg. weather and fingers and hands are getting cold. Stopped by dealership and said can't warranty if they are heating up. The service rep started up the Kahunas installed on 2019 CVO's and they heat up, so says they are good. Rode back home in 50 degree weather and fingers are getting very cold with heavy winter gloves and hand warmers too boot. Wow! Had a set on my 2015 Ultra and they were too hot on high setting. These I put on 6 setting and it is like they are on 1. No change with heat no matter where I set the heat setting. I guess I wasted $300!!!

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I installed on my 2018 CVO RG. No adjustment of heat setting. Doesn't matter if on low or high setting, same amount of heat, very little. Been riding in 40-50 deg. weather and fingers and hands are getting cold. Stopped by dealership and said can't warranty if they are heating up. The service rep started up the Kahunas installed on 2019 CVO's and they heat up, so says they are good. Rode back home in 50 degree weather and fingers are getting very cold with heavy winter gloves and hand warmers too boot. Wow! Had a set on my 2015 Ultra and they were too hot on high setting. These I put on 6 setting and it is like they are on 1. No change with heat no matter where I set the heat setting. I guess I wasted $300!!!

Man that sucks. Mine have fantastic control. Ride to work in the morning at low 30s has been set on 2-3 with uninsulated deerskin gloves. Set it one morning to 5. Couldn’t hold the grips. Ride it over Mt. hood with heavier gloves on early one morning (mid 30s) and had it up to about 4. Turned it all the way up when it hit 26. Definite adjustment to them. Sorry you got a shit pair.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Man that sucks. Mine have fantastic control. Ride to work in the morning at low 30s has been set on 2-3 with uninsulated deerskin gloves. Set it one morning to 5. Couldn’t hold the grips. Ride it over Mt. hood with heavier gloves on early one morning (mid 30s) and had it up to about 4. Turned it all the way up when it hit 26. Definite adjustment to them. Sorry you got a shit pair.

I don't think the rheostat works. Bad switch or something. I'm stuck with them because I installed them, so dealership does not want to replace them. I just wanted a new pair, but they say can't warranty if they work or heat up! That really sucks. I am miserable when I ride over here in eastern WA when below 50 deg. My fingers get numb and I have to stop and use "hot" warmers to heat up my fingers. SUCKS! :(
Guess I will have to buy a new pair on my own dime, or buy Heat Demons.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts