Road Glide banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gonna convert from a RK to a RG but want a CVO. Is it worth the money or is anybody else out there gettin same numbers just by going to cams and intake. Of course exhaust and breather would be done along with fuel management system of some sort. Just seems like a lot of money just so it can be tagged CVO.
Thx

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
Welcome, from New York, to The Greatest Forum on The Internet!
Can't help You with The CVO only that I was thinking of a 2020 RG CVO until I found out they're not making any.
If You really want one I would go for it but wait for the prices to drop on the 2019's.
Best of Luck!
Mike U.

·
Registered
57 Posts
You have figured out the marketing that is Harley Davidson. However I recently rode a Roadglide S 114 not a big difference in throttle vs 107The CVO 117 was noticeable and then some, remember CVO’S do have a greater trade in value than any thing you can do to a conventional bike.My wife has a 17 Laguna Orange RGS Chrome package front forks , cans, wheels rotors, heated grips, complete colormatched inner flaring paint, stage 1 with a 6 year ESP out the door 36 K
10 K on OD trade in value for a 20 S scorched orange 20 K That 17 looks awesome in the sun

·
Registered
554 Posts
Welcome on in! Good luck on the coin toss. buy low and add your stuff, your way or cash up front and ride the bearings outta-it! Whatever you got, good luck....

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
I think it's over price... I'd rather have a second bike... Unless I have A LOT of extra cash..
AGREE WITH THIS! LOL The "idea" of a CVO is awesome. It's the financial dent that makes me run. I'm happy with my '18 RGS (truth be known, I was happy with my stock 2011 103), but that's just me. I'm going Stage I this winter, and would really love to add a Fat Boy to the stable. My preference, anyway...

Good luck with your decision... and welcome to the tank from north Florida!

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Welcome to the forum from the farm fields of central Indiana. Good luck with your decision making process!

·
Registered
4,439 Posts
Welcome from Mass!!

If I were doing it again today, I would snag a blacked-out LTD and add the torque cam, pipes, tuner and a/c and call it a day.

A whole lot of fun there for a lot less $

1 - 14 of 14 Posts