Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, found the forum while researching what way I want to go with bars. Got a '20 Road Glide Limited in Sept '19 - alway loved the Road Glide look and always knew when I jumped to a touring bike it would be a RG. Prior to that had a '12 Fat Bob and before that an '02 Sporty 1200. Way back I had an old barn dweller '77 AMF Electra Glide but I pushed that more than I rode it - I was too young and broke to be taking on that project! Live and learn. Also put a fair amount of miles on my wife's '13 Softail Deluxe, but she wasn't riding much anymore so that and the Fat Bob got rolled into the Limited and I have to say it's been life changing! I had no idea what I was missing without that fairing, heated grips, and a stereo lol!

Did Stage 1 when I got it but not much else yet. I feel like next step is bars - I had a 10 inch T-bar on the Bob that was the perfect riding position for me. Stock bars aren't horrible, but I wind up hunched over a little more than I'd like. Has anyone done the 10" LA Choppers Twin Peaks? I think the stock rise is 8" or so - so they wouldn't be much taller but I think the pullback is far less which might be the bigger factor. If anyone has tried them out or has another recommendation I'd love to hear about!

Thanks,
Jeff

·
Registered
3,565 Posts
Welcome from Minnesota!!!!

Reactions: fej425

·
Registered
8,828 Posts
Welcome, from New York, to The Greatest Forum on The Internet!
Congrats on The Limited.
Mike U.

·
Shark of the Month October 13
9,280 Posts
Welcome from SW Florida. I've been riding for 56 + years and never had music on a bike in any way, shape, or fashion, until I bought my RGC 10 years ago. Now I'd consider it a true hardship to have to ride 50 miles without my choice of music! Enjoy.

Reactions: Zedbra and fej425

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
Welcome from SC! Try pulling the pin and rolling your bars forward before you drop too much $$$ on bars. Ride safe & enjoy!!

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
Congrats on the new ride and welcome to the Forum.

Reactions: fej425

·
Registered
498 Posts
Hi, found the forum while researching what way I want to go with bars. Got a '20 Road Glide Limited in Sept '19 - alway loved the Road Glide look and always knew when I jumped to a touring bike it would be a RG. Prior to that had a '12 Fat Bob and before that an '02 Sporty 1200. Way back I had an old barn dweller '77 AMF Electra Glide but I pushed that more than I rode it - I was too young and broke to be taking on that project! Live and learn. Also put a fair amount of miles on my wife's '13 Softail Deluxe, but she wasn't riding much anymore so that and the Fat Bob got rolled into the Limited and I have to say it's been life changing! I had no idea what I was missing without that fairing, heated grips, and a stereo lol!

Did Stage 1 when I got it but not much else yet. I feel like next step is bars - I had a 10 inch T-bar on the Bob that was the perfect riding position for me. Stock bars aren't horrible, but I wind up hunched over a little more than I'd like. Has anyone done the 10" LA Choppers Twin Peaks? I think the stock rise is 8" or so - so they wouldn't be much taller but I think the pullback is far less which might be the bigger factor. If anyone has tried them out or has another recommendation I'd love to hear about!

Thanks,
Jeff
Welcome from NC!

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
Welcome to the Tank from Texas and enjoy!

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
Welcome from Pittsburgh, Pa! Music on a bike is a great thing. Originally thought it was nuts, but once you get it its hard to ride without.
Sorry on the bars. I got a 13 and did the bars. Not sure on the new ones.

·
Registered
2008 FLTRU 105th Anniversary w/ 110"
1,862 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Beautiful British Columbia.

·
Registered
2013 Road Glide Ultra FLTRU
259 Posts
Welcome from Texas , the greatest country in the state of America 😎

·
Administrator
12,659 Posts
Welcome from Florida.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts