Road Glide banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Signed the papers yesterday, we are transferring from SE Arkansas to Jacksonville, FL. Anyone have input on where to live and where to ride near Jacksonville? Office is in the Airport park so Northern area is our preference so far.

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
Lot of good riding in Jacksonville, just not a lot of hills or twisty's, ocean view rides are quite a few. As far as Airport Park is concerned I have no idea where it is as it doesn't come up in any search for me. Jacksonville is very spread out as far as cities go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lot of good riding in Jacksonville, just not a lot of hills or twisty's, ocean view rides are quite a few. As far as Airport Park is concerned I have no idea where it is as it doesn't come up in any search for me. Jacksonville is very spread out as far as cities go.

It is just north of 295 off 95 near the JAX airport.

·
Registered
967 Posts
Lots of open roads coastal area ok for lots of eat and drink stops I rather ride down around Ocala forest area lost of nice routes. Most flat but some hilly sections. We can ride all year round, just need to deal with the rain.
If have kids and don't care about driving 35 to 40 minutes Clay County have the best schools on the area, just south Orange Park. My job require traveling takes me 40 min to the JAX airport from border line OP Middleburg Clay County.
Good luck and welcome to FL

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
Schools in Clay county are so much better then in Duval in Jacksonville. One thing about living in this area is your never far from finding a road with very little traffic whether it's headed to Ocala or into parts of Georgia. There is the ride year round thing too. Hell I don't have a car other then the wifes, but I do have two RG's & life is good

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Schools in Clay county are so much better then in Duval in Jacksonville. One thing about living in this area is your never far from finding a road with very little traffic whether it's headed to Ocala or into parts of Georgia. There is the ride year round thing too. Hell I don't have a car other then the wifes, but I do have two RG's & life is good

Been riding year round for 25 plus years, no kids 3 dogs just want a safe reasonable priced area to rent till our place up here sells. Then will look to buy, not real worried about living on the water either so there is that. Right now we are less than an hour from Hot Springs so riding is great right out our back door.
All input is appreciated will be there Wednesday to start a search.

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
Well you have lot of choices then, pretty nice area up around the airport & close to work is a good thing.

·
Registered
164 Posts
take a look at yulee, it's 7 miles north of the airport. pm me when you are ready ride.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
317 Posts
Never live in a town that was shown on the show COPS. That's a rule I live by. Seems to have worked so far.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts