Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
To level the playing field for those who don't put a load of cash into their bikes , but still give them an opportunity to show off their bikes , here are some ideas .. Open for suggestions , lets just don't over engineer it

Jack

STOCK

must retain original stock body panels with exceptions: front fender and headlight bezel changes allowed
must retain factory paint
suspension modifications allowed
painted inner fairing and pinstripe/airbrush work allowed
custom wheels allowed
internal engine mods allowed with the exception: no stroker/big bore kits

SUPER STREET

STOCK +

Must be Harley power
stroker/big bore kits allowed
custom body panels allowed
custom paints allowed
no raked trees
no blowers/superchargers

PRO STREET

anything goes
aftermarket power
raked trees

CLASSIC

1979-1998 Tour Glides

as close to original as possible
must be Harley powered

All entries must be Harley based models , In other words , if you have a Road King that you converted to a Road Glide , it is allowed . If it is a metric that you converted , it is not allowed ..

Once you win BOTM , that bike cannot be entered again , unless it is in another class ..

You must currently own the bike you enter , and it must be licensed for highway use

I'm thinking rotation here as in a different class each month and since there are not many TG's here , maybe do that once a year

JtB

·
Registered
3,677 Posts
I like it. Great idea. They all have to be road glides?
Maybe another bike of the month sub category with just V twins?

·
Registered
587 Posts
I like your way of thinking, your on to something here.

·
Shark of the Month October 13
7,044 Posts
Sounds like a good foundation to start with. I have just a couple of thoughts.

1) Stock class - Allow engine mods (except for turbos and superchargers). If a member has put on aftermarket exhaust and A/C, chances are he also threw in a cam. I agree with factory paint on stock class but I think pinstriping and air brush work should be allowed. Also, painted inner fairing should be OK. Frame has to be OEM spec and no raked trees or neck. I think allowing something other than stock wheels and front fender should be allowed. Whether the wheels are from HD parts catalog or aftermarket, that's a very common change and should be allowed. Front fender and headlight bezel can be changed but all other body panels including bags must remain stock.

2) Super stock - allow all HD or aftermarket body panels and wheels. Allow custom paint. Allow suspensions changes, including air. NO raked trees or necks, and no turbos or superchargers. Everything else is OK. The big difference between stock and super street would be body panels (stretched tanks, bags, etc.) and non-factory base paint.

I think if you don't allow all aftermarket body parts on the Super Street, they're gonna be almost indistinguishable from the stock class. Also, for those who like to change out their front and or rear fenders, if they can't be in this class they'll have to compete in Pro Street, which really is another world all it's own with raked necks/trees, 26-30" wheels, turbos/superchargers, etc.

3) Pro Street - anything goes, period, but must be registered and legally equipped for the street.

I like the thought of having all 3 classes each quarter, and TGs once or twice a year. BOTYs chosen from the 4 quarterly winners in each class so you have a BOTY representig each class. End result is 4 BOTYs.

I disagree with having bikes other than RGs /TGs. There are a lot more forums devoted to Road Kings, V-Rods, etc. where people riding those models can compete. We welcome people to this forum and even our National Rallys who ride something else, but this is the Road Glide Forum, let's keep the BOTM and BOTY all Road or Tour Glides.

Just one guy's opinions.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I like these ideas Jack!

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
I've read the sticky but always been curious about the nomination process and never cared to ask until now. Why are BOTM nominees not nominated by the community??

Why do members have to nominate themselves? I've seen other forums where the community did the nominating. Just curious.

·
Registered
8,297 Posts
All good ideas Jack. I never entered my bike due to not wanting to get blown out of the water by some stretched tank raked out monster.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I like the new rule ideas. As much as I love seeing totally tricked out Sharks, with the new rules maybe us Shark riders without tons of cash might get a chance to win SOTM once, and it will sure make the voting easier.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts